Options

Dash lights, compass and front Nav. lights not working?

chuckrace6chuckrace6 Member Posts: 18
I just purchased a 2005 270 Fiesta Vee. The previous owner swears that ALL of the dash lights and the front navigation lights worked. The only dash light that works is the Depth finder. I even installed a new Ritchie compass and used the original plug and that too isn't working. I'm new to these circuit breakers that the boat has so could it be that one has to be reset? I pushed on a few of them but they seem to be loose and do nothing. Is that the way they are? Is there another main fuse somewhere. Haven't really done any REAL digging yet. Hoping it's just a small thing I'm missing. Any help would really be appreciated.      Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Thanks, I'll do that but I'm going to go through my paperwork with the boat first. I might have it in there.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,546 mod
    I'm not sure about the 270, but most Rinkers have a circuit called "Helm power" that provides power to the nav lights, instrument lights and possibly other gear.  It should have a switch (not a breaker) at the electrical panel in the cabin, or maybe at the battery switch panel, or both.  

Welcome to the forum.  Post a pic of your boat when you get a chance!
  • Options
    Yes LaRea, I turned that on but still the same. I will have to take a Saturday and check some of the grounds etc. Thanks and when I get a chance I will post some pics.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    you may also have a switch on your helm that dims all your helm lights.  It is a rocker, can't remember the label right this second, that you can momentarily hold in either direction to brighten or dim the helm lights.  Although, this wouldn't affect the nav lights.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I would check your dimmer module. It's a round yellow (little bigger in dia than a quarter) thingy magingy that is usually right under your rocker switch panel. You can get it from Great Lakes Skipper........that was the issue for me.

This thread shows what it looks like....http://rinkerboats.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/659/no-dash-lights-2002-fv-310
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342