I AM LOOKING FOR PROP SHAFTS AND STRUTS FOR 2004 RINKER 410

JIMHJIMH Posts: 1Member
edited August 3 in Engine Discussions
I NEED PROP SHAFTS AND STRUTS FOR MY 2004 RINKER 410 WITH 8.1 H/O MERCRUISERS
Post edited by raybo3 on

Answers

• AlswaggAlswagg Posts: 2,523Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    The original items were from Buck Algonquin. I suggest calling them.  They will have the Rinker Spec for the 410. The items were a standard item the shaft are all cut to size.  It is a double taper 
  • LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaPosts: 3,557Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum.  Your first question was answered by the Best of the Best.  Come back with any other questions about your Rinker.
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Greenwood Lake NY Posts: 791Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 3
    That’s a pretty big job I helped my dad replace his on his old pacemaker years ago Also ask if the struts already have the cutlass bearings there not easy to install 
    Buck Algonquin also sells the shaft puller and prop knockers to remove the props 
  • aero3113aero3113 Long Island, NYPosts: 2,601Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to look up prop knocker, never heard of them.

https://www.generalpropeller.com/prop-knockers
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Pawcatuck river CTPosts: 2,156Member ✭✭✭✭
    Im going get one and put it in my nickers
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
    I built the prop knocker prototypes for Buck Algonquin.  I’ve been building and using prop knocked for 35 years.    The vibration is what releases the taper on the props    This is for shaft drives.  
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 5,405Member, Moderator mod
    @alswagg - is it safe to assume all Rinker 410s are inboards (Vdrives)?  I've not seen one that hasn't been is why I'm asking.  Any reason they did that, and why the switch with the 420s?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Dream, are you asking why we switched from shaft drive to stern drive? And IPS pod drive?
    if so, I can tell you.  Shaft drive is very inefficient and slow.    We test built a prototype with same hp twin 496 high output 425 hp each.   Speeds increased from 32 mph to 46+ mph.  Same weight same hp   The drives are Bravo 3 XR.     Plus we gained a huge amount of aft cabin room 
    The Volvo IPS was an after thought.  Diesel option.  Still back to slower than stern drive bust faster than shaft drive 
  • Michael TMichael T Posts: 6,681Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    .....as Al said "You have now been properly SHAFTED so go home and play with your knocker!"
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 5,405Member, Moderator mod
    Thanks Al.  I was just curious more so why all the 410s were shaft and then the 420 was stern.  But, it sounds like the 410 was just first and you started with shaft on them.

I didn't realize the aft cabin was any different between the 410 and 420.  I'll have to look in the back of the 410.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

The originals were actually the 380’s then after a few were built and measured we determined 410 was a better fit.  The 420 deck is exactly the same size, the swim is platform is larger however.    The first prototype was tested on the Elkhart River in the middle of winter when the lakes were ice covered