Bravo 3 vs Bravo 3X

J3ffJ3ff ✭✭✭✭Posts: 1,885Member ✭✭✭✭
Anyone know the difference? Now looking for out drives, wondering if the X is worth a little bit of extra $$

Comments

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg ✭✭✭✭✭ Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 3,970Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alswagg would know.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • reneechris14reneechris14 ✭✭✭✭ Pawcatuck river CTPosts: 2,143Member ✭✭✭✭
    My guess is the bravo 3 is max 500 hp
    X can take more punishment 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • AlswaggAlswagg ✭✭✭✭✭ Posts: 2,514Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bravo 3 is only reliable to 400 hp. X to 500 XR up to 600.   So, the x has larger U joints and a cooling fin upper cap all internals are basically the same.    Large difference between the x and XR     Anything with a 425 hp should run the X drives    
  • reneechris14reneechris14 ✭✭✭✭ Pawcatuck river CTPosts: 2,143Member ✭✭✭✭
    I was close but that Al is one smart cookie. Lol
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • WillhoundWillhound ✭✭✭✭ Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 2,038Member ✭✭✭✭
    @J3ff with your move to the Keys (congrats and I'm jealous by the way!) Maybe you want to consider a SeaCore drive?
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • J3ffJ3ff ✭✭✭✭ Posts: 1,885Member ✭✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    @J3ff with your move to the Keys (congrats and I'm jealous by the way!) Maybe you want to consider a SeaCore drive?
    Looked into it, seems like you need a seacore motor and transom mount as well? It's not that much more for just the drive..wonder if it would work. 
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO ✭✭✭ Greenwood Lake NY Posts: 789Member ✭✭✭
    When I bought mine a 2002 270 the outdrive was stolen I replaced mine with a seacore no problem 
  • J3ffJ3ff ✭✭✭✭ Posts: 1,885Member ✭✭✭✭
    Nice, I will be talking to the mechanic about that 100% when he can see it. For now it sits at the dock and has to wait a couple of weeks.. 
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO ✭✭✭ Greenwood Lake NY Posts: 789Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 10
    actually  I bought on eBay the company was in Florida just do a search I think it was 6 and change with a 3 year warranty then I had to buy props also