Options

Any kits for tune ups

cls10105cls10105 Member Posts: 352 ✭✭
Hey guys not sure whats going on with the boat but one engine seems to be flooding out and is hard start unless you full throttle it and then it starts with no more problems. I was thinking about a tune up and wondering if you guys use a certain kit or what you do. If you have any thoughts on my motor issue's please share. This is for a 2002 342 fv with 6.2...thanks guys
cruising on 6. tw0s

Answers

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Since that's a fuel injected engine I'd be looking at things like the IAC.  

Course it never hurts to replace the cap, rotor, plugs etc.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    I agree with Stodge.  It definitely sounds like it could be the IAC.  You can easily switch the IAC between the motors and see if symptoms follow.  The IAC is on the backside of the throttle body and has a small connector to it and two Allen head screws holding it on.  

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree with the above, when I did the IAC the OEM part came with nice instructions. Was very easy. On the tune up there is no "kit" but you can/should do plugs, cap and rotor. Of course doesnt hurt to do wires but they seem to last a lot longer than plugs, cap and rotor. Also a pretty easy job. Oh, of course also do fuel filters if they are more than a season old.
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    McGarnicleMcGarnicle Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    I'm curious if anyone is having issues with platinum plugs. I had a similar issue the other weekend on one of my motors, was running rough and when going to get on plane it barely climbed RPMs. My mechanic said he's been having nothing but issues with platinum plugs especially on humid days, replaced it with cheaper ones and haven't had an issue since. 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2006 350's call for the AC Delco Iridium. I am on my 4th season with them in now and all good. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)