Brain fart or breaker issue

skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
Went to the boat yesterday to take friends out.  It's been 2 weeks since last there.  We arrive and I notice no shore power.  Battery was dead, fridge off and defrosted...uggg.  The breaker on the pedestal was off.  I can't remember if I forgot to turn it on when I was last there of if something else happened to trip the breaker.
2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it in the off position or the tripped position?
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Some you can’t tell, off is tripped. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Dam...honestly I don't recall if it was in the tripped position or not when I reset it.  Another brain fart
    Post edited by raybo3 on
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you need what I used to have.....with the 310 and 360 having generators, HVAC and so many other options I had a checklist.
  • Autodog61Autodog61 Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    Wouldn't you just reset the breaker to on and you should see the voltage on the AC side on your Shorepower panel?  If its going to trip, it might do it when the fridge or ice box compressor kicks on/off.  There's quite a momentary draw from the compressors.  What else do you have on?  Would it be approaching the 30Amp service load?  Its also not uncommon for the marina breakers to go bad.  I was on Orcas Island Saturday helping a friend do annual cleanup on his 35 C&C sailboat (for sale by the way) and we tried to connect shore power and the Marina breaker was bad.  Wouldn't hold on the on.  The reason I assume its the Marina breaker and not the boat, the breaker wouldn't even momentarily hold the on.  Just would toggle to off instantly.  If were something on the boat I would think it would hold the on for at least a second or two before it trips. 
    Holy Smokes, don't forget the bilge plug!
  • skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    AC, fridge and battery charger are the only loads.  I'll just have to see how it is next weekend.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3