Vessel View faults

06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
I received these faults while out this last weekend from my Vessel View.  I just had the boat out for service and engine was removed as well as the drive.  Boat ran fantastic and drive trimmed as normal.  After doing a little homework I find that 4 out of the 5 faults are found amongst others using Vessel View.  If your so inclined, read the forum page.  Do you think these are related to work or just bad faults?  The trim guage on the boat is not working so unsure if that is related to that fault. 

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/915383-mercury-efi-codes.html

Now there is the steering position fault that I have not found to be an issue amongst other Vessel view users.  From a little research this sensor is for Smartcraft to know your steering position but I dont think I have that capability without the proper equipment.  Is this true?   Thanks for the help.

http://www.clubsearay.com/index.php?threads/steering-sensor-install.27039/

Patrick
06 Rinker 270

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Well, I believe all of those faults are ok.  The drive trim one can be changed though, if you want to switch the wire connection over to the digital reading.  I'm trying to remember the specifics, but I know I now can read trim on both my analog dash gauges and on my VV.  The pitot speed I believe is just a setting change over to GPS.  I don't have seawater temp or steering position.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    I think I have had all the same codes I think I just blocked them 
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pitot pressure, tank level and drive trim faults are normal and can be silenced. The other two are not, or should I say, I have never had those two on my VVM. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!