Vessel View 7 Tank Configuration Question

TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭
Finally found a Vessel View manual online and have been slowly going through the process of learning all the Vessel View screens, etc., and have a question about the fuel tank configurations:

The manual states: "The % column will display the live tank volume. Selecting the refresh button will query the tank sensors and refresh the readings."

So, if I fill up the tanks and then hit the refresh button - which the sensors should then show 100% ---> Does it also reset the Gallons display (on the other VV screens) to the capacity that was programmed in (68 gallons)?

Or do I manually have to enter the gallon amount the tanks took on somewhere else in VV?

Comments

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’ll need a digital fuel sender. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    They're separate IIRC. I know mine will show both the tank sender fuel level (which updates itself - I don't click refresh often) and the calculated fuel quantity based on the fuel burn rate. This one you have to give it numbers to start with - so the beginning of the season I top off my tank (100G) then enter that into the computer. Then each trip I can see what it's calculated I've burned and the calculated range.

Another random factiod: there's a sensor calibration screen that lets you tweak the fuel level sender value displayed.