Parts

cls10105cls10105 Member Posts: 352 ✭✭
Do any of guys use Sierra brand parts or have had bad experiences with them. OEM are much more expensive but not if you have to buy them twice as much
cruising on 6. tw0s

Comments

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I use Sierra 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.  I've had no bad experiences with Sierra parts.  
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always been good for me.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I've used sierra.  The only issue ive had with aftermarket marine was the water pump hose on an alpha 1. When outdrive was lowered it kinked. I cut about 2 inches off it to get through the season. Will get oem baffles and hose this winter if not sold by then.   If it sells im looking for a 260 or 270 with a bad motor or outdrive to toss in a mercedes om606 or bmw m57 diesel matched to my old 290 outdrive. Most of swap parts will  be aftermarket heat exchangers and manifolds if at all possible.

Sierra baffles may not be a problem when inspected regularly and trailer kept. Id not risk it on a marina kept boat, especially one where i cant safely get in the water year round to inspect monthly because of the cold or sharks that like to patrol for fish scraps.
  • cls10105cls10105 Member Posts: 352 ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    @PickleRick the sharks are bad this year. So many here they stopped reporting them swim at your own risk. Be careful in the TN river its dangerous sharks and gators oh and occasionally a h/o...lol 
    Post edited by raybo3 on
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    Bull shaks have been found as far inland as about Missouri.  

True story!