Rinker 360

Hi, looking at purchasing a used 2013/2014 Rinker 360 (anywhere between 130 and 350 hours). Anyone have any experience with these boats - anything I should look out for when buying? Thanks.

Comments

• reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    X2 on that 360. Fast and black!!!
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • WildLifeWildLife Member Posts: 5
    Thanks - I am talking with Bry1429 on that boat - not sure we will be able to make anything happen but it sure is nice.
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WildLife orininal owner of Bry's EC 360. Please excuse my interruption of your comments - but my 2 cents - if there is anyway you could make the deal happen you will be getting an absolutely amazing boat. I assume you have read the lengthy posts about this boat on the forum.
    Welcome all comments MichaelT. Yes, I have read the posts and I have no doubt this boat is top notch. The posts were how I convinced my wife to increase my original budget however after exchanging messages with Bryan it looks like I am falling just short. There is a boat show in Lake St. Clair this coming weekend so that will give us some more comparison points. At this price point we are starting to merge with the brand new ~32 foot range close out boats so we will see what is out there (however bigger is always better :)
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    @wildlife - definitely take your time to figure out what you want.  I used to own the older 310 and it was a great boat.  But, I'll say the 342 and now 330/340/350/360/370 all have the full size separate shower that is really nice.  

Brand new is a tough one.  We all have our opinions here on it, but I leave it to someone else to pay that "extra" money and then, as you mentioned, get a good used price on it around 3-6 years old.  I'd suggest sticking with a little bigger and something used, especially if you are at all a bit handy and can do some things yourself.  

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Great shopping tactics @wildlife, not that it's any of my business but I like how you are conducting your research....IMO thoroughly and thoughtfully.

My wife did not want me to sell our 2013 EC 310. She loved it and felt the extra money was not going to be worth it. But - once on our new 2014 EC 360 she said "I get it - this is a whole new league." 

If my health had been better I would still be on that boat. That's life. 

I have no "skin in this game" ......but Bryan's boat is a far better than new. It even has a better warranty. There is no 32 footer made anywhere that will compare in any way with Bryan's EC 360.

On top of this I ironed-out every glitch ( and there are even on million dollar boats) added unique factory and after market options as did Bryan. 

Better yet I took a depreciation hit. That would be passed-on to you! In effect you would be getting a better than new boat - and IMO - far better than factory new at a  huge saving.

Of course if the cash isn't there that's life but if it's close and you can find a way you will have purchased an amazing boat. Bryan and I must have talked for 100 hours to get the deal done.....but we did. It was IMO a win-win with no flags on the play!

My opinion of course! 

Good luck! MT
  • bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Oh yes sir Mr Dream_Inn!  :)
    Our friend MT is a seasoned veteran on taking the  "extra money" hit on a good number of spanking new Rinkers and that's how he rolls😁 
    MT and His extra money hits have provided many of us on this forum an Avenue to afford an absolutely beautifully appointed pristine vessel.
    If MT did not hang in tight and work closely with me during the way to long process of working out details with banks that seem to have little knowledge of documented boat purchases over U.S/Canada borders I would not be here now. 
     I am actually going to the same boat show as WildLife this Saturday for that exact reason. we are upgrading to either the Absolute Navetta 48 or the Swift Trawler 47. Whichever we decide on she will be a 2020. Before you say : "OH FUDGE !" those are over a million buckaroo's💵!  We are buying a 2020 pre-enjoyed in 7-9yrs when they are in my financial wheelhouse 50-60% less (retirement gift). 
    I did the math and if you walked into a Rinker dealer and custom ordered new The 360 I have as she sits now with all the nooks n crannies/bells n whistles that has gone into her, It would be $350,000 ++
    That's disturbing 💵🤮💰.
    Most banks give new boat financing %rates on preowned boats under a certain age. So, I'm with D.I on this one ; let someone with a big fat swollen wallet 😁💰💰💵💵 take the 40-60% off the top end for you and buy a pre-enjoyed gem like mine..
    ps- also, it is very rare to find a 2014 with a FULL coverage Mercruiser warranty on all systems.
    The majority of new boat manufacturers give you a 3 year warranty on mechanical, MT purchased a 6 yr extended 💰💰💰   I have owned it a little over 3 of that. So, my 360 basically has the exact same warranty on all mechanical as if you purchased new.

@WildLife : sorry if hijacked your post for a BUMP of awareness to my beauty for sale😎

Post edited by bry1429 on
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bry1429 I saw an Absolute 58 yesterday, beautiful!!

2008 330EC
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice but my OCD just disagrees with that jagged line on the window...

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    We're doing the same as @bry1429 this weekend in Newport RI - going for a look to see what's there now that I wouldn't buy new no matter what that in 5-10 we'll be looking at. Did it a few years ago, keen to see whats happened since then.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

Thanks for the comments. Sorry to hear about the health issue MT - hope everything is working out.

I'm definitely favoring the used / bigger boat option at this point but I'm having fun looking.
    edited September 2019
    @WildLife :  you could invite 1100 of your closest friends for a couple week party on your used/bigger ship.
    The amount you save by buying used you can fuel half way up , MAYBE 💰🤪

Used 1992 

Oh, and your monthly payment is only a low low low $211,009
    Hahahahahaha
    I think we are setting our sights too low, why not invite all your friends with helicopters to party on Paul Allens 'lightly used' 414 foot $325M super-yacht that is currently on the market. Monthly payment.....heck I can't even count those zero's.
  • jbschmalz23jbschmalz23 Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    Or, you could always buy the twin (but a little smaller) to Bry’s 360. I have MTs original 310. It’s the exact same color combo etc... then I can buy Bry’s 360. 😜 I kind of like buying MTs “hand me downs” they’re like new boats! 
    edited September 2019
    @jbschmalz23 I caught a lot of flack from family members when I sold that boat. With the swivel captain's bench, pull-out cockpit  lounger and the drop-down rear cockpit lounger it was a party PALACE. I had a dozen people in that cockpit one time with room to spare. AWESOME boat. Plus it goes like a rocket with the twin 350 Mag B llls and it much easier on gas than like models that are under powered. 

Sounds to me like there are TWO great Rinker buying opportunities on this forum.

OR.....Someone could but the EC 360 for the adults and the matching EC 310 for the kids? 
    We absolutely love the 310. Would never have another boat without the axius system. People at my boat club are still confused as to weather it’s thrusters or what exactly it is, lol. A lot of the little things you did in upgrades may seem small, but man those outlets and 12v outlets and fans come in really handy! It’s interesting, with those twin 350 mag, I’m burning just a small amount more fuel than I did with the single 496 in my 280. I don’t intend to sell the 310 but if it was to buy Bry’s 360 - absolutely! Lol. 
    And at the end of the day.. as long as everyone sticks with the Rinker family of boats... you’re buying quality! And buying a boat on this forum and knowing it’s history - priceless! One of the huge selling points on the 310 was knowing between MT and Gytee, that thing was babies! Good luck to all the forum members shopping around, no matter which model you’re looking at. Good boats! 
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jbschmalz23, if you do decide to sell, let me know! I know I would be interested. BTW, if you want to make the trek up for the game Sunday, I have a spot on the wall at Heinz Field and you are more than welcome to tie up. You could stop at the Beaver Valley Yacht Club on Saturday for their lobsterfest then continue up to the city.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    @Cableguy Greg if you had a chance to get on that boat and take her for a spin you'd be hooked. That EC 310 handles like a Porsche but with sleeping accommodations for 6 in the downstairs cabin - more if you use the cockpit which would sleep a lot more!.

BTW among other things - the head is a vacuflush not pumping a handle or foot pedal - decent honest - LUXURY!!!!!

......and just for a guy like you ( @Cableguy Greg )  I had a certified marine electrician run a lot of extra 12v and 110v outlets BUT - I ran a 110v outlet into the TV cabinet for future satellite box use! ......actually I'm pretty proud of that piece of foresight.  LOL.

As you guys can probably tell I get real excited about forum members discussing the possibility of getting one of my boats.

Soooo much care went into "breaking" them in .....way better than required, maintaining them with a "I don't give a $hit what it costs to do it right" attitude that I know they will outlast anything our there. Rinker built, BIGGEST possible for hull size -  Mercruiser Mags with Bllls, generators, AC, fridges, gennys, colored transom lights......gives me chills just talking about it. 

OH YEAH!!!!!