Options

Live Action Drama!

WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sitting at the marina we docked at last night and all of a sudden the VHF lit up and a mayday went out. This 40 something footer named "Options"  reported they are taking on water and beginning to sink. 
Fire trucks show up and a water rescue team starts to scramble. Coast Guard advises vessel to beach if in immediate danger. Vessel reports it is coming into the marina. They made it to the ramp area where 10 people and a small dog safely disembarked. I'll report back if I learn what happened.

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)

Comments

• Options
    Fire personnel ran a portable pump into the bilge. That's a full stream of water coming out of a 2 inch hose. 

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forget the plug? Must be huge on a boat that size...
  • Options
    The Captain accompanied by a couple of rescue personnel and the fire boat just headed out. We think to get to a marina with a lift. Pump still going full blast. At least everyone's safe and they'll have a story to tell.

• Options
    She's a 52 foot, I think a Silverton but not sure. Struck a rock and tore a driveshaft out and cracked the transmission case. Bit of an oil slick from the pump but not enough to call out environmental. One minor injury, a lady was standing when they hit and she took a tumble. Just bruises and scrapes. Just heard on the radio that they made it to a marina down the lake with a lift.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That'll do it! $$$$$$$$$

• Options
    Yep. I hope his insurance is as good as @luvinlife's !