Options

Here's an interesting one!

mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
Aboard our 226 this morning.   Not a great fishing boat but it works!   Yes,  my 12 year old caught this 38.5" Muskie all by herself.   Now she's "hooked!" 

Mark
Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
2019 MTX20 Extreme

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Awesome good for her..............
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet catch. Cudos for wearing a flotation vest too.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    Nice Fish Good for her

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    jvanheesjvanhees Member Posts: 7
    Awesome fish and nice fishing boat! ;)
  • Options
    KYSEANKYSEAN Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
    My daughter about the same age loves fishing also. Congratulations to your daughter! That's a beautiful catch.
    2012 Rinker BR216 5.0
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kids on the water aren't in malls! Boating pays-off in many ways! :-) MT
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    So very true MT. Boating a great way of life. Drives me nuts when people say "boat is a whole in the water you pour money into" My answer to them is to get a life.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    frodo13056frodo13056 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sweet! Anything you can do to bond with your kids is worth what ever the cost.  With what they have available, it gets harder and harder...I'm raising two grand children and this second batch is much more a challenge to keep in touch with their lives, that is for sure. Your absolutely investing in these kids futures by getting them out on the water.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice. 

MVN with a little work, you can easily turn that boat into a great fishing boat ... AND you wouldn't need to take away from the aesthetics of the boat either.  Look at scotty rod holders.  They pop off with one simple twist, leaving a small base behind which is barely noticeable.

I set up my Rinker 260EC to fish with enough equipment to compete against charter boats. But I can take everything off in 15 to 20 minutes and stow away to have a sleek looking cruiser when the admiral is around (she doesn't like fishing, lol).

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"