A few weekend pics from Sunny Florida (Added Live cam links too)

TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2013 in Rinker Photo Gallery
Not to rub it in while the northern Rinker tribe is frozen solid, but instead to motivate you that everything great in life is worth the wait. I know I'm encouraged by your pics during the summer when it's just too brutally hot to boat down here, so here are a few pics from last weekend (Dec 14-15) down in SW Fl.

The weather was 80* and clear in our favorite anchorage for the 1st night and then we ran up the coast 10miles to longboat Pass and finally back to the Sarasota Hyatt marina to accommodate a few more crew members and watch the Cmas boat parade. Love the boat and the crew. Far too much fun had by all.

Enjoy the pics.......or just buy a plane ticket to the tropics from Dec. to March. There's always a room near the beach somewhere.

The frisky crew early in the evening. When it starts to get really fun they make me put the camera away...... go figure. :D

Our pesky snow (white sand) drifts in the Pass between Longboat and Bradenton beach. Dreadful.

A stowaway cousin from Portland Maine is a happy camper on TikiHut anchored in Longboat Pass

The wind piped up so we took a sheltered route back south via a canal run back down inside Longboat key and saw this guys "compensator". He may have a 100' dock trophy but we had the frisky crew and were actually using our boat :D

Back at the Hyatt Sarasota for only $1.50ft. Hot Tub, floating docks,tropical pool and hot showers. Best kept secret on the SW coast. The Skipper, Ginger and Mary-Ann were all pretty comfortable at the Hyatt.....and all weekend.

.....and a parting shot to testify to what a great, versatile boat value we think the FV270 is. She's 10y/o and still going strong.

Have a merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday season from Mike and Kelli ........ suffering down here in the tropics for the team. :D

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
Post edited by TikiHut2 on

Comments

• TietsortTietsort Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Great pics. The Hyatt experience sounds great.
  • TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Tietsort and welcome to the RBOC site.
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Great pics!  looks like you had a great time!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

I put a bikini shot in there at DIs request.... :D

Hope you find a warm spot to thaw during the winter season.
    MnK
  • frodo13056frodo13056 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    It's 15 degrees F here in Chicago with tonight's low around 6 degrees......and after seeing Tiki's photos, I once again wonder why it is I live in Illinois! Great pictures!
  • kneedeepkneedeep Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    I plowed from 4am until 3pm. I had to shovel too. Snow sucks, I'm looking forward to boat season. Tiki, life in fl looks pretty good.
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone has to win the weather lottery. -30 with wind here today - that'd keep "the girls'" drinks "frisky"! MT
  • SandkriceSandkrice Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Tiki- great pics!!! We just moved to the gulf coast from the Midwest. As soon as our 270 gets moved here we will join you in some "winter" boating!!
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Great pic's Mike. Freaking snow storm today here. Cant wait for summer......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome pics, looks like a real nice trip. Boat looks in great shape too.

I wish we had more sandy beaches where I boat, as its mostly cattails & residential developed shoreline.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
    Thanks everyone. Sorry about your weather up north and I hope the pics add a glimmer of sunshine to your day (the ones that I'm not allowed to post certainly would :D ).

If it's any consolation, while I'm not shoveling any snow, one of our snowbird visitors must've left the door open and today it's grey with wind near 20kts. Tonight's low will be in the 40's so boating is a hit/miss deal even down here. Glad to get what we did.

Sandkrice, Can't tell from the tiny pic of your boat but it looks very similar to ours (post a few of yours). Send us a PM and we'll make sure to get together with the boats or just grab some food and say hi. Welcome to Fl. MnK

PS.....I know we have some left coast Rinker guys floating around on the forum, lets encourage them to post a few "off season" pics too.

Here's a parting shot from Saturday afternoon......

• Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    Some dear friends of ours here in Iowa also have a home in Sarasota, which we have visited often. The older I get, the urge to relocate becomes ever greater! Your pictures certainly reinforce the idea.
    Glass, come on by next time you're down n we'll try to get out on the water. You don't have to be older to relocate.....just tired of the cold n snow. There's a few down here ahead of you that felt that way but there's always room for another transplant.

Our bikini clad crew mate from Portland Maine had to fly back out this morning. I have visions of her being dragged up the gangway at the airport. She certainly wasn't happy about heading back home but OMG was she fun while it lasted.

Cya, Mike
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Now or neverNow or never Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Looks like fun tiki I am glad someone can have fun in December lol drink a cold one for me cheers
    edited December 2013
    Water temp on Saturday was about 68-70*. It'll bottom out in mid Feb at 55*. I'm swimming w/o a wetsuit down to about 75* then start using  a shorty for any water sports for anything below that.

The water temp and visibility is at it's best during our dry season in late spring Apr-June (barring any accumulation of windy days). In late Apr-May the heat slowly starts to turn on again and the locals are reminded that our broiling season is near. Even the snowbirds start to wilt and fly north.

By July-Aug we can't take it anymore and we'll try to catch a flight to N.E. to see how the other half lives :D I honestly dislike our endless summer down here when my boat is put away just as much as our northern clan dislike the endless winter.

Come summer time we'll be on the hunt for fresh water lakes, cool nights, lobstahs n moose somewhere between Boston, Portland and Rangely. Until then it'll be sand drifts, palm trees and saltwater. Mike

RY, we hope to see you in Miami at the boat show. MnK

Here's the live Sarasota Siesta Beach Cam (LINK TO SUNSHINE N WHITE SAND) 

And

The live cam from Marathon in the (Fl Keys LINK TO SOMBRERO KEY CAM)

Click full screen, cup your hands to both sides of your face and move toward the screen slowly.....Enjoy

Post edited by TikiHut2 on
  • gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Mike, you and Kelli sure do have wonderful winters.  I do love the snow, but your pics make it hard to know why.  As always, if you get up this to New England again this year, please to try to come and spend some time on the Nauti Bonnie with us.  I wish we could have hooked up last time.  You're always welcome.  Great Pics!!  And yes, everyone that is still floating should do the same to get us through the white stuff.  My wife keeps saying not to wish time away, and i should think about Christmas and the holiday season, not the boat, but it just ain't happening.  Merry Christmas, now give me my boat back!!
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
  • SandkriceSandkrice Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Tiki, our is an 06 270 but we have a light brown Bimini vs the blue you have. I looked to change ours to blue a few years back since it looks so much better with the blue hull but couldn't justify the expense when ours works fine. We are in the corner of Texas and La so I doubt you will see us floating the beautiful waters of western Fla. even though a trip up the intercostal would be awesome!!! Hmmmmm
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As my boat name reflects..some of us do love the snow :)  Plus it is what refills the lakes in the spring.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
    BD, I've heard of people like you :D . I'm sure snow sports would be fun.....and yes I have literally crawled down an accidental turn onto a black diamond run to my complete humiliation. Either of those live cam links is all the elevation change and temperature extreme I can relate to. :D

The Admiral has been trying to get me to go see snow but it'd take too much antifreeze (rum) to keep my super thin Florida blood from just instantly freezing solid, and all I own is flip-flops, t-shirts and shorts anyway.

Sandkrice, we'll be looking for those pics.
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am one of 'those' people.  Steep and deep! :)  I do feel sorry for those who get on terrain too difficult, it ruins the sport for them and usually 'friends' are to blame.  lol  My big adventure last year at Whistler-Blackcombe, nothing like the top of a mountain miles and miles away from crowds.  I joke with my son about naming our dinghy 'green circle' :)

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • jmoen438jmoen438 Member Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    Mike, your cousin flew home to be greeted by 16" of snow that had fallen while she was gone. If you and Kelli make it up here again this summer, the door is always open for another trip thru the locks.
  • Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    I got home yesterday and Honey Bunny said she got me a Christmas present....a plane ticket to Vail, Colorado, first week of March, so looks like we'll be going skiing this year. We were out there 2 years ago, but at 59, the cold & snow has pretty much lost its appeal! I want spring to get here so we can start boating again!!!
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    You guys have me itching for some skiing now.  I used to ski the west and northeast, but years of living in MD & being busy with kids, I've only done the little hills around here a couple times & it gets a bit boring fast.  But I did get my daughter to go & she enjoyed it.  One of my favorite places was up there with the canucks on Georgian Bay at Blue Mt.  My buddy's family had some cottages on osaga beach (sp?).  Was always neat to walk a block down to the beach and literally trip over the roof peaks cause of all the snow that would blow off the ice.  I did some crazy skiing when I was younger.  Always had a pair of short skiis for the tricks & then a longer pair for the speed.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the posts above, with with the exception of 'putting away the camera when the real fun starts.' What nonsense is that????

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best pictures on my boat are 'when the fun really starts'! Great shots! The wife and I are missing the warm weather, so your pictures give us some relief.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

Heading to clearwater next week for a couple of weeks. Can't wait.

After that I'll hit the slopes and cut some powder up north!

Then it's all about getting the boat back in the water!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

edited December 2013
    Glad you guys like the ones I posted and I wish I had more fun shots......that I could share. When it comes to posting partying shots the Admiral squints her eyes like Clint Eastwood while wagging her pointer finger and says "A mans' got to know his limitations".
    She has a concealed weapons permit so with all due respect to her wishes, I pay attention. :D

(DIRTY HARRY SAID SO LINK)

Hey Mark, We're on the water as much as possible during the holidays. If you'd like to ride down to see Sarasota, and it works into yours/our/weather schedule, we'd be happy to give you a run around the bay. Send us a PM if you'd like.

Mike
  • midwestemidweste Member Posts: 135 ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Nice pics TH2!!! I do enjoy the change of seasons and snow in the midwest, but it is always nice to see pics of a sunny destination to remind me of the Summer months. 

Beautiful boat and i am glad you all can enjoy it! 

Hard to believe your rig is 10 years old! It looks new 
    :D

2000 180 Bowrider, 135hp 3.0L Merc, 2.00 Alpha One Gen 2 OD, 14.5 x 19P prop

Regular weekender, trailer stored indoors, Southern Ohio  

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is absolutely the best time of the year to be on the water in FL!