Options

fuel gauges not working

DakotaSkipperDakotaSkipper Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
I own a 2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee. Both of my fuel gauges are not working on the panel. Both register full all the time. What could be the problem and what steps do I take to get this fixed? Also, the tachometer gauge on the port engine is not registering. What could be the problem and what steps do I take to get this fixed?

Thanks,

Glenn

Comments

• Options
    tjsunnytjsunny Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    I have a similar issue with my 2007 320 except I have one fuel gage working ok and the othe showing empty all the time. It looks like ther one not working (stbd side) has no easy access to the sender and I may have to pull the cockpit freezer to get to it. Both my tachs are all over the place which I think is humidity. I wll repost if I find out what is going on with the fuel gage.
  • Options
    l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
    I think I would like at least 1 fuel gage working. My 2002 243FV has had only 1 fuel gage working since I bought the boat.
    I always put the same amount of fuel in both tanks so I relay on the one gage that is working.I also never let it get below
    1/4 tank so I always know what I have. I have toped the tanks and found that the 1 gage is accrarite. I have found
    that replacing the sending unit can be a PAIN. So I live with it.

Len

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

• Options
    l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
    Just to add to my post, the gage not working reads empty.

Len

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

• Options
    MIKES342MIKES342 Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    I went through 9 tachometers and each one did the same.  They would either not register correctly or jump all over the place.  My dealer for my 06 342 kept taking care of this problem since I puchased it knew.  I finally gave up and now just tap the gages several times as it seems to happen when I first start out.  Once I have been running for a while the gage works fine.  Faria gages have a lifetime warranty.  Check their website or if you boat is under warranty contact you dealer or Rinker direct.