Options

Replacement gauges for dash matching for 342 Fiesta Vee 2004

MullyMully Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
I need to replace a tach and engine sync gauge anyone have any idea where you can get matching ones? and if not are they plug and play for the engine sync if i got one from Sierra for example?

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think so. There has been many topics on this. You should install Vessel View. 
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I went to vessel view and love it.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    The best replacement is a twin tach from Flowscan. It is not a direct replacement it's a bit smaller so you need to make a filler plate,and redo the wiring. But the instructions are easy to follow. It also have a sync gauge in it. You would also lose the hourmeter ,and if you remove the sync gauge from Faria you can install a dual hour meter in it place same size.The tach is very precise and it will sync both engines within 50 RPM.

• Options
    Handy,
    vessel view would be nice but $$$$$$. What I used was around  260.00$ for the tach plus 50.00$ for the dual hourmeter. And it is also DIY.
  • Options
    MullyMully Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Anyone know the sizes of each gauge ? 
  • Options
    WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    French ship,  how does the gauge sync the engines?

2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    French, what is that sticker to the right?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Wild, I think it's the other way around.  The gauge shows you how far off the engine RPMs are from each other.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Hi ,
    Wild, the sync gauge is at the bottom gauge where the rectangle is the installation was quitte simple a few mod of the wiring harness and really good instructions provided  the actual gauge diameter is smaller then the original Faria but I made a filler ring and it looks great
    The gauge is really precise and you can adjust the sync by 50 RPM. On the original Faria the hours Meters was inside the Gauge, so I removed they Faria sync  gauge and install a dual hour meter that you can see on the right of the rpm. The sync gauge plugs in the same way the old Faria did. Look at the Floscan.com site.
    Here is the wiring mod that I did to installed it. If you need more info let me know
    Paul

• Options
    Aero,
    The sticker is a reminder of  where to position the two controls so you could move the front or the back of  boat in one direction or another using only the engines not the steering wheel.
    Paul
  • Options
    Wild,
    The wiring diagram is from a Rinker 300 express 2007, maybe yours could be different. But that should not be a problem
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aero,
    The sticker is a reminder of  where to position the two controls so you could move the front or the back of  boat in one direction or another using only the engines not the steering wheel.
    Paul
    Thanks for the info
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Frenchship!  The install turned out great!

2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

• Options
    wm61356wm61356 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    Hi frenchship, I would like to do the same thing, replace my Fiara twin tachometer/hour meter gauge with the Flowscan unit you used. I would also change out the factory sync gauge for a twin hour meter. What part number gauges did you buy? I have a 2009 320 with 350 Mag engines so I think the same gauges you used will work. Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi, 
    For the Flowscan Twins tach go on there website you would have a choice of different color for the background,mine is white. The dual hourmeter was bought from perfprotech.com.
    P/N #S67281P or Sierra P/N 67281. I am pretty sure that will work with your setup
    Paul.
    The people at Flowscan are really good with service don't hesitate to call them