Options

Anchor pulpit was hit from Starboard side...

Got hit by another boat when they were docking.. they hit my anchor pulpit from the starboard side. See pic... uugh.  Does anyone know how difficult it is to replace this thing? I can try to bend it back,... but the other boater is willing to pay for a replacment.  Not sure where to get. Also how do I get to the 3 bolts? Are they bolts with lock nuts underneath or just tap screws?  Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's an easy fix! Same thing happened to me but mine was MUCH worse. 

Here's the link:

http://rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/3828/damage/p1
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Heh ... I figured @aero3113 might comment on this one!
  • Options
    Summer, at least the guy that hit you wants to do the right thing. 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like a Lewmar anchor roller. Here is a link from Amazon, but it is unavailable thru them. Check Lewmar's site to get the correct model numbers.

http://www.amazon.com/Lewmar-LEWMAR-66840008-BOW-ROLLER/dp/B0051J2AWG

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Summerrental, don't want to be a buzzkill but have your fiberglass checked. The same thing happened at out marina a few weeks ago. The tech who removed the anchor roller suggested to the owner that he have a glass guy look at the deck once the roller was removed. he felt the fiberglass had been cracked in several areas. The fiberglass guy, very honest btw and with little extra time to do more work, agreed to look at it and concluded that it had to be reinforced or wave action on the roller while at anchor would definitely cause more damage to the deck fittings. Maybe have that looked at?

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    @MT totally agree with MT on this. Happened to me while I was on the hard for winter storage. I believe a truck hit mine. The guy at that owns the marina fixed better than new. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    When you have that repair completed be sure to put some sort of tie on the turnbuckle holding the Anchor on. Wire or wire tie, just something to keep from losing it.
  • Options

They sell all kinds of fancy anchor safety gear. I made a cheap one using that coated wire you can get at Home Depot and a couple of crimps. It's connected to the cleat in the anchor locker and the other end has a lock on it that locks the coated wire to the anchor. About ten bucks all told. Easy to use. I keep the key on a floatie on the shelf under the helm.

• Options
    SummerrentalSummerrental Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    Summer, at least the guy that hit you wants to do the right thing. 
    Thanks aero... yes he was very apologetic,  and he felt terrible about it. I will probably be having the boat hauled for the winter soon anyway.... I will definitely have the deck fiberglass checked... I was thinking the same thing since it is noticeably angled from the hit. I'm in long island, NY. Anyone recommend a glass guy in the area?
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    I helped the previous owner of my 342 change his and it wasn't that hard, just a long reach. I had to put together a bunch of extensions and tape them together.  I also had to tape the nut on the socket and have the previous owner turn the bolt from the top as we could not reach all the way in.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    checkmatecheckmate Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    I reached mine by removing horn.   Was able to get my arm through the hole.   Found that easier than using extensions and tape through the mirror.
  • Options
    Horn on my 342 is external near the windshield....through the deckplate in the v-berth is the only access.
  • Options
    @ DD2.....Same with the 350s and 360s - through the mirror above the front V berth.
  • Options
    SummerrentalSummerrental Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    So from what I am understanding in these posts... are you saying that the anchor pulpit is held on by 3 lock nuts? ... and that I have to access them from the underside of the deck that is accessed through the 4-6" port hole at the bow? (Front mirror).  This is going to be another pretzel bending boat experience I think :)
    (Also ... I have a 270)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Yes, it's not that bad. I was able to do it by myself. I used a pair of vice grips on the nut and when I turned the screw the vice grip would hit the side of the hull holding the nut still. You might get lucky and the nuts can be sealed in with sealant to hold them. That's how I thought mine would be but I ended up having to clean the sealant off. Mine is held on with 4 screws/nuts.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I also added bigger stainless washers underneath. I felt that the original ones were a little small to distribute the stress of the pulpit.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Yeah, with a 270, you should be able to reach them with no probs.
  • Options
    floridagatorbluefloridagatorblue Member Posts: 3
    havent looked hard yet but how do you remove the mirror?