Toronto Boat Show Tickets - On sale Black Friday

MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

Toronto boat show tickets are half price today. Got and email, and purchased 2 adult tickets, $10 each vs. $20 each regular.  Runs Jan 8 - 17.

For exclusive Captain's Club access to this special offer, on Friday, November 27th:

• Click the button below

• For today's offer, do NOT enter your membership email at the top of the page

Enter Promotion Code: BLACKFRIDAY

http://www.torontoboatshow.com/ 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Comments

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MarkB. Thanks for the info Mark. I wish there were going to be some new Rinkers on display!
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Well crud, I was out of town and didn't see this deal.  We're going.  Already got a room at the Sheraton.  Have a few friends coming along as well.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why the heck do they do a show up in Canada in January? Is anyone interested in boats that time of the year? What the heck would you do with it if you bought one, set it on the lake and wait for the ice to melt?
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought my 342 in DC in February during a blizzard!  There's something ironically satisfying about boat shopping when there's two feet of snow outside.
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    The Boston boat show is in February one of the coldest months of the year here.......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

@ras, exactly what is your point? Brother, if you think a 342 Rinker is fast IN the water you should see one ON a frozen lake - a sled with a blender - take that bombardier and yahama!. BTW..... winter boating in Canada is only for professionals on a frozen course, don't try that yourself, particularly if you own a sea ray!

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rasbury, actually it's the best time of year. I don't want to go to a show in the summer. I'd rather be on the water. It's something to do in the winter and normally if you buy it gives you time to organize a slip, insurance, sell your old boat, and do some work on the new boat before spring arrives.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

.....okay Mark, now you're being practical!
    I'd just think everything frozen over...if it's done inside I'd think limited to what the manufactures would bring in due to the cost.....while we were shopping for our boat, we went to the Stewart and Ft. Lauderdale shows which were on the water and they were amazing- boats from all over the world. The Lauderdale show would take several days to see all that is there.....and I have not been to the Miami one but might go this year just to drool. I need to figure out what to do with my lottery money once my numbers hit!
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, they limit the boats to around 65 ft in length, 3 decks, and a bill big enough that if I liquidated everything in my life I would still need to mortgage most of the boat.  Rasbury, that's not a problem, trust me.

The Toronto Boat Show brings out all the nice toys.  They have the luxury end, and they have a lot of boats in the 26 - 33 ft range.  Basically all the major manufacturers showcase their cruisers at that show, and they have MAJOR deals trying to sell previous year stock. I got my brand new 260 EC for about $40k below retail. They were selling Fourwinns for around $50k below retail. 

On top of that they bring out close to 300 or 400 merchants in boating electronics, gadgets, safety gear, ski and wake board gear, etc., etc.  For $20 an adult, you cannot get that level of entertainment anywhere else. You need a good 6 to 8 hours to get through most of what you want to see.

The year I bought my boat, I actually had to go back the second day because there were too many options to consider.

OR ..

You can sit at home and watch soap operas...

"Boat + Water = Fun"

got ya.....must be quite the feat to make that show happen!
    @rasbury - They start the floor planning for the next year as soon as dealers have confirmed their floor space needs for the present year. My dealer said it takes a year and a team with computers to plan the floor set-up. The great deals are because dealers do not want the expense of dragging the boats back to their dealerships in the winter. A number of dealers will bring a dozen boats from three to four hours away. That's a lot of winter driving and employee costs and the boats are often last years' models.
    for sure...sounds pretty cool and certainly a break from the weather!