Options

LED lights in cabin

craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
Im looking to replace all of the halogen cabin lights with LEDs in my 2005 fv360. Does anyone know what type LEDs these take and how to get at the bulbs? I had looked up on RBO a while back but didn't write it down and now the info is gone. Hopefully someone remembers? If I recall the LEDs can be purchased with the connectors in a vertical or horizontal position. What do I need? Lots of projects before our trip this weekend. The list includes put swivel shackle on new rocna anchor, fix fridge, install new led tv/DVD combo, replace water filter, fix helm stereo remote if possible, wire new iPhone dock, replace cabin lights with LEDs, and rebed windshield support screws. Hopefully I can get it all done.

Comments

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    We replaced our interior bulbs with these LEDs (below) but they came in the mail for about $1.50e. As for the new Rochna.....congrats, it's a great anchor system. I've had ours for over 5yrs and anchor out almost exclusively rather than using marinas. It resets like magic and I sleep like a baby. I don't use a swivel and prefer the simplicity of a strong shackle. Here's a pic of the bulbs we used. readily available on an Ebay search for G4 LED. Otherwise it'd be a trip to West Marine. Have a great season, Mike

Post edited by TikiHut2 on
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can dig this up if no one has the info available quick. I did this on mine: better light, no heat, far less power draw. Got them from China ~2 years ago.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    I ended up going with Dr LED G4 bi pin 9 LED in warm white.  They look great and should help with a bit more battery life while on the hook this weekend.  Now if the rain woudl just stop!
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a 10 pack of these from Amazon after one old halogen went out last week. They work great! Used to use 80 watts to have all overhead cabin lights on and now use aboit 9 watts. They are just a hair cooler in color. They are a warm white but again just a hair whiter. The admiral and I don't like cool leds but we are happy with these. $18 delivered for a 10 pack:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06WRS71VZ/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    TomjrTomjr Member Posts: 3
    This is an outside the box solution for LED lights that are to white. I have often encountered the same thing with LED lights, even if they are listed as "warm white (2700K), but they are usually still a lot whiter than a normal warm white bulb.

My solution in my previous boat (i also did this at home on a few lights) was to purchase a orange color lighting gel sheet similar to this : https://www.amazon.com/Rosco-Roscolux-Orange-Effects-Lighting/dp/B000B73OWS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1503153966&sr=8-5&keywords=Lighting+gel+orange

Take the light cover off, cut a piece  of the lighting gel to fit inside the light cover, and reinstall. You now have a low glow, warm light. You might have to adjust the size of the gel to get your desired result.