sliding cabin door glide blocks.

sawdustsawdust Member Posts: 3
Hello, I am a new owner of a 2001 fiesta vee 340 loving it so far. Looking for new glide blocks for cabin door. Any ideas out there?
                         thanks, Sawdust

Answers

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell us the problem, year of the boat- I don't think these items really ware out..
  • sawdustsawdust Member Posts: 3
    Boat is a 2001FV340, blocks are falling apart, into pcs. Screws were stripped out causing door to slide poorly. Over time have broken up. Need new glide blocks, any ideas? thanks Sawdust
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try great lakes skipper. I don't know if they have them but it would be my first place to look.

Great Lakes Skipper

Boat Name : 

might be able to make them out of the star board or what ever it's called...
  • CactusRoseCactusRose Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Been following this post and looking for solutions also. Have 2001 340FV and needed to replace the bottom slide that is integrated into the bottom of the attachment that the cabin door sits in.  So my solution was to build it myself using 3/4” starboard, router, and router table.  See attached photos.  Turned out better than I anticipated and only took about 3 hours total.  
    wow, looks like that will do the trick! I was able to fix mine with what I had but I think part of the problem was, and I have a 270 so may be more pronounced, the curve of the hull where the track mounted- when I tightened it up it was worse- when I puts some material under the end and leveled it out, has worked well ever since. Good job though, looks great and will last I'm sure!