Options

342 Inside access to Nav lights, Windless bolts and anchor rode

DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
I put together a video on how to remove the V-berth headboard to access the subject matter.......hope it'll help someone. Enjoy....
https://youtu.be/omZhV6RRjOY

No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan thanks for putting this together and posting, your videos are great! Very helpful for any of us who have to get access.

was surprised to see no hoses connected to your windlass locker drains. Do you think that they fell off at some point or were never connected at the factory?
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no hoses as they may interfere with the rode. There is a drain in the base of the locker that has a hose to a thru hull fitting
  • Options
    ahh, that makes sence Handy. I just know that when water goes in to my locker above it comes out the thru hulls so I assumed I had hoses. I get it now. 

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put a post up on the water in the mid-bilge a bit ago. There is a square plate screwed down at the bottom of the rode locker. Remove and reseal. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    I put a post up on the water in the mid-bilge a bit ago. There is a square plate screwed down at the bottom of the rode locker. Remove and reseal. 
    Why did you think you need to reseal that?
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Water was getting past it. All the caulk was peeling and once I pulled the plate up I could see where the water was going under the plate where the original caulk job was less than good. lol

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    We should just buy submarines if we dont want water in our boats LOL
  • Options
    Ha - I could use a sub. After vacuuming out some water from my mid bilge I was cleaning out the wet/dry vac and accidentally kicked the vac motor off the dock! FYI - they sink pretty fast!! I've traced the source to the shower. No water coming from the bow, the galley sink or the head sink, and no leaks at the sump and a/c or toilet intakes. After a shower there is always a few more ounces of water in the mid ship. It is either the shower drain or the faucet. For now I'm fine vacuuming every few weeks but will fix at some point. I hope its not the shower drain as I dont think anyone has found a way to get to it, right? We use the shower every weekend. 

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a great video thank for posting. It like what's behind door #2.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options

I certainly could see where the through hull was for the AC drip pan but could not tell where the other one came from. There definitely was nothing in the rode locker and I'm 99% sure that the water in my mid bilge comes from the anchor locker.

As far as adding hoses, I looked at that pretty hard and am confident it can be done without interfering with the rode.

• Options
    Yes they could be clamped away
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @Black_Diamond , are you saying that you had a drain in yours? If so, where was it located....ie towards the front? Back?
    I have a through hull near the very front of the bow on the port side but could not see what feeds into it.
    Post edited by DanD2 on
  • Options
    The round thu hul in the white paint is me ancor locker drain,the one down the chine is down with rode (I think).When I washed the boat in spring at home I seen it drain.
  • Options
    The one down on the chine is AC drip pan drain.....at least it is on mine.

• Options
    Thought so never seen anything drain from there.
  • Options
    The upper one could be just like yours as I put water in and it pored out,and my rode was very wet.
  • Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    The drain for the anchor locker is right behind the access hole covered by a piece of starboard  inch or two higher than the hole
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    Hmmmm.....gonna go look for that post.....thanx
    The drain for the anchor locker is right behind the access hole covered by a piece of starboard  inch or two higher than the hole
    I remember seeing that starboard......guess I'm gonna have to tear it all apart again....LOL
  • Options
    I wonder what the heck that plate is for?
  • Options
    BizmarkBizmark Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    That was a fantastic aid to me to see how you access the rode locker. I want to check the rode on a boat I just bought before I trust it to hold for a night. Thank you for a very educational and well done video. I encourage you to do more.