Options

Aren't Rinkers pretty

TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

I think this is one of Rinker's classic boats.

Tony

Salt Shaker 342

Salt Shaker with first coat of bottom paint photo IMG_5814_zps184fa890.jpg

Comments

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that the salt shaker on the hard?
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options

Sure is!  First coat of bottom paint is on, one more to go.  Rich who is doing all the work thinks he found the rainwater leak that has been plaguing the boat for years.  yahoo!  This is going to be fun launch and I have her back in my paws.  Just like a new boat, even better.

Tony

Salt Shaker 342

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Aren't Rinkers Pretty....... Sounds like an old post from the RBO....lol For my money I really think Rinkers are one of the best looking boats on the water. I love the look of my Rinker over any SeaRay I have seen.....IMO... BTW Tony the S/S looks awesome and good luck hope the rain leak is fixed...
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, That was a popular thread on the RBO site. It was a great way to toast a wonderful design with pics from everybodys favorite boat in the water or at rest. Although we own a 270 I have to say the 342 seems to be` an ideal size for an express cruiser, especially for doing the loop like Tony has done in the Salt Shaker. 

Here's a pretty pic of our sightly more portable TikiHut (background) and a friend with equally good taste ;) underway on the St Johns River in central Fl to add to the mix. Mike

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
  • Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    All shined up and ready to go for this season's maiden voyage today.   I know,  it looks better actually on the water....... 

Mark
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where was the leak finally found?

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    jmoen438jmoen438 Member Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Gotta love Rinker!
  • Options

This was all about timing.  Rich, the fellow who is doing all the projects on the boat was about to install the new fridge in the galley, as it turned out, during a huge downpour.  He heard and could see water coming in via the port hole above the galley.  Massive amounts of water as he described it.  It was running down the side of the boat and over all the power wiring that was laying at the bottom of the galley space and into the bottom of the mid bilge of the boat.

He took a look at the condition of the joint between the port hole frame and the side of the cabin and saw that the caulking was defective, maybe from age but none the less defective.  He will re caulk this as well as the rest of the port holes.  There is no doubt that this is where the water that finds it way into the storage compartment in the middle of the mid berth Is coming from.

This should put a problem to rest that has been harassing me for years.

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Awesome Tony glad you found your problem......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod

Tony, that is great news! & she sure does look pretty!

LG, great shots!  Here are a couple of mine when i first got her (name wasn't on her yet)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    PartsManPartsMan Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭

Nice rides!! shot of our with the kids toy

• Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Hey guys...awesome shots! Just a heads-up that I'm launching a Rinker Photo Contest on the Facebook Page this week...stay tuned for more info!
  • Options
    l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

Yes they are.....

Len

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

• Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    Love the pics guys!
  • Options
    Nice and NaughtyNice and Naughty Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    We sure think they are pretty!
  • Options
    NnN, Awesome pics. They could be brochure pics, whatta spot too.
  • Options
    sunrnr33sunrnr33 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    We love the lines of our Captiva and after I removed the graphic's and buffed it........Wow, very nizzzee! Have the new pic's up soon
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    Honey Bunny & I were FINALLY able to get our new to us '07 246 Captiva on the water, although we had to tow it 400 miles (each way) from eastern Iowa to Lake of the Ozarks. Water is still too high here due to constant rain. Weather co-operated in Missouri and we had a wonderful time getting to know our Rinker, which we have only had for six weeks. While we floated in the lake, we watched the 246 pivot on the anchor line and it was like viewing it on a showroom turn table. It looks great from every angle. The integrated swim platform is very sleek looking and the Black & White color scheme is SO attractive, and it co-ordinates perfectly with my black Tahoe! We plan to spend a lot of time on the Mississippi this summer if it ever stops raining, and I hope to get some pictures posted of our beautiful 246.
  • Options
    Nice and NaughtyNice and Naughty Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Can't wait to see the pictures Glassguy54. Here's to a great season with your new Rinker :-c
  • Options
    Hey guys...just a reminder that we just launched a new photo contest on Facebook 

• Options
    Yeah, facebook contest...I figured sure why not support the cause. I reluctantly added my name etc, loaded my image and then the last pop-up wanted access to my entire friends list...and I just said nah, so I ditched the whole thing. Just too intrusive. Let me know if the personal info needed to sign up is trimmed back.
  • Options
    Hey Tiki...I'll look into how that contest is set up. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod

I have to say I've never had a facebook account nor do I tweet (well, maybe like a bird after a few drinks).  I do know I've seen a pic on Rinker's site a while back from one of our Rendezvous'.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options

Old school here too. I post on FB once a year just so I have something my kids will relate to ;)  ....and I sign in to keep track of what they're doing (usually I'm glad it's boring stuff). 

Twitter, not...but does it count if my wife has called me a twit??

My Rinker shots aren't that great anyway. Usually by the time I get anchored in a photogenic and peaceful spot my camera lens gets fogged up with Rum.  B-)

Thanks for checking Steve. It's a great idea and the FB privacy thing's probably not a big deal to others. Mike
  • Options
    Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options