Stern underwater light wiring

davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
ok so this is a little off the wall.  In cleaning up the engine compartment i discovered that the center light under the swim platform had been disconnected ( wire cut).  It looks like it was done on purpose by the PO.  I wanted to test it before i replace it but when i stripped back the sheath i found 4 wires going to the light.  All of the others have just two.  This has a black, blue, yellow and brown wire.  Any idea on the wiring for this?  The outside is covered in caulk so i am really not quite sure of the make.  The shape and size of it is similar to a TH Marine (https://www.amazon.com/Marine-Premium-LED-Underwater-Light/dp/B01JMECVLK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1500900028&sr=8-5&keywords=th+marine+underwater+lights).  I have looked around and cant find any lights that have 4 wires.  Not sure if it was one of the original lights that just went bad and was left in place.
It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!

Comments

• mikejudd65mikejudd65 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    sorry , dont have a diagram , but wondering if its the same light fixture that is on my 342 Fiesta Vee , its made by Barnegat. The bulb is not replaceable, the unit is sealed. I heard back from Barnegat and they offer 2 types of replacement fixtures; 1 is halogen the other is LED
    "Next Adventure" 2004 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342 , FWC Horizon Mercs, Blue Imron Hull
  • zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    It could be a high low setting or possibly two switches controlling it