Options

1994 fiesta Vee 265 dash panel

jreaujreau Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
Has anyone replace the dash panel where all the gauges are located? Mine is falling apart and I need to do something with it. Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate to be the bad guy to tell ya, you will probably have to make one as 1994 will be almost impossible to find, try Great Lakes Skipper. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    93Vee93Vee Member Posts: 86 ✭✭
    You can search "Need help with the helm station" in the search box above. It has discussion you may be interested in. I redid mine last year. It is a 93 and it came out ok.
  • Options
    jreaujreau Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    93Vee could you send me some pictures of what you did?
  • Options
    I posted the finished product on that thread I mentioned above. I used the same dash but sured it up from behind with 3M glue and then repainted. The instruments were new and cost about 300 for tach, fuel, speedometer, volt, temp and oil. I went simple and used regular toggle switches.  Most of the time was spent on rewiring the back. It was a rats nest. I had a great mechanic do that for me. I am very happy with the way it turned out.
  • Options
    These are most currents I have.
  • Options
    rclaggf4urclaggf4u Member Posts: 1
    I know this is a very old thread but I wanted to post some pictures of what I did to repair my 265 dash to help anyone in the future that search’s for this. I just finished it up on May 14th. Like everyone the underlying ABS plastic dash form was falling apart, screws were loos and the vinyl was shot. I took it all part and was able to find all the broken pieces in the belly of the boat by pulling the toilet paper door in the head. I carefully used epoxy resin and 5oz fiberglass clothe underneath.this held it all together then I did two layers of 5oz on the top. After it cured I used a microballon epoxy mix that mimics gelcoat and sanded it. A perfect surface wasn’t critical.  I had planned on using a textured finished like bed liner as a finish coat but ended up spraying it with wrinkle paint like that used on valve covers by hot rodders so it hid a few imperfections. In the end it turned out quite well.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks amazing 🤩🤩
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That does look outstanding, you sir are a craftsman. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Great job and welcome to the RBOC
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com