Options

Hurricane Harvey

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
Prayers and best wishes going out to everyone facing Hurricane Harvey..........
2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have had 10 inch of rain here in 2 days
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
     :#B):D  Ouch... 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    We are now up to 14 inches total here in the last 3 days. Nothing to do with Harvey. I have had to drain my pool 3 days straight.
  • Options
    Just opened pool drain again. Another 4 inches. May not make it to work tomorrow
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    @Handymans342. That's nuts. Maybe it will build up some water in the canals so you can launch easily next winter. If we had that much rain it would be a state of emergency. 

• Options
    More tomorrow. Stay tuned
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
     what the heck is that from, Texas?
  • Options

South Fl is really getting the rain....similar to Harvey, it is just sitting there dumping rain and not moving quickly. Usually when we have a hurricane go through, they move so fast over FL we hardly get any rain out of them- it's these tropical depressions like we have right now that will sit there and dump the rain...that area over by Handy, at least north of there up through Clearwater, is pretty low also and really floods out easily- 12" of rain is pretty tuff there. We were in Dunedin marina for a week year before last and it rained 27" that week- we did not have our full enclosure yet! It would start about 10, rain until about 8 and then re peat - everything was flooded out on the coast line for sure.

The rain in the south really benefits where I'm at- the river way I run, river flows north so all that water on the river is heading my way with out as much rain. The water is waaaaaaaaay up from what it was a couple of months ago.....looks like we will have a good boating season in the up coming months.

My heart sure goes out to what those poor folks in Texas are getting, just heartbreaking looking at some of that footage.....  

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes @rasbury sorry I just grabbed the image.

https://imgur.com/MBbZ6vJ
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    can you imagine how many boats, trucks and cars have been trashed with this storm? Probably many thousands when you think about what is sitting on dealer lots.....
  • Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    can you imagine how many boats, trucks and cars have been trashed with this storm? Probably many thousands when you think about what is sitting on dealer lots.....
    I wouldn't want to buy a used car or boat in the Texas area anytime soon.   We had shady stuff going on here in jersey after the sandy storm.   Quite a few people  here got scammed. 
  • Options
    bit time @trashman no question!
  • Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    You've got to love the Cajun Navy. In any disaster I want these kinds of "can do" Americans around volunteering their time. God bless 'em.

Andy
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashman said:
    rasbury said:
    I wouldn't want to buy a used car or boat in the Texas area anytime soon.   We had shady stuff going on here in jersey after the sandy storm.   Quite a few people  here got scammed. 

My friend picked up a boat from Jersey. He pretty much knew when he was buying that it had been impacted, but the price reflected that. He few a few $10k's at it, and the boat is absolutely awesome now. He still came out paying less than he would have if he bought a perfectly working Pursuit 33.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"