Rinker 270 Fiesta Vee Ice Chest Cabinet Conversion

So this is my first post and I really hope that I am not just repeating something that is already widely known so here goes. I bought a 2003 Rinker 270 Fiesta Vee this last Fall and absolutely love it. Well, with one minor exception; the recessed ice chest. The ice chest was absent when I bought the boat and frankly, I am glad it was. It looked to be too small to hold much of anything.

The Seller had removed the screws of the recessed holder and pointed out how much potential storage space there was if I worked something out to trim the opening. I looked online and found a we site that offered custom made doors and frames for a pretty reasonable price. That site was https://www.boatoutfitters.com/starboard-double-open-out-boat-door. I took a quick measurement of the rough opening and ordered my doors. When they arrived, I just squared up the corners of the rough opening with my reciprocal saw and the frame fit like a glove. They looked great once I had them installed and now I have the use of all of that storage for my fishing gear. In total, the cost was under $250.00 including shipping. I have pictures of the finished product but I don't see how to attach them as of yet. If I ca figure it out then I will post them as well. 

Enjoy!

Comments