Options

What's your preferred New Buffalo, MI transient marina?

TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
Planning our first overnight outing with the 310 EC from Chicago - and have tentatively decided on New Buffalo, MI for a couple of reasons...

1) It's about 40 odd miles from Chicago. So well within our "novice" distance, and even hugging the shoreline - instead of a direct shot across the lake - only adds about 5-7 miles to the trip.

2) Downtown dining and shopping are close to the marinas. No bikes or other modes of transport necessary to explore downtown, just walking.

So the question: Oselka Marina or the New Buffalo Municipal Marina? Which do you prefer, and why? Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I've used NB municipal twice.  That's my vote.  It's right there in terms of shopping and food.  Close to the beach to catch the sunset.

You won't go wrong with either....the difference is about a 5 or 10 minute walk to food and shopping.

Stray dog restaurant gets busy on the weekends 
    Post edited by skennelly on
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    Stayed at Oselka's which was nice, about a 10 minute walk to downtown, Stray Dog has great food.
  • Options
    Thank's to all three of you!

Looks like it'll be Municipal Marina - which is also about $20/night cheaper :-)

@bry1429 - South Haven is on the list, but that would be more of a true lake crossing from Chicago - so a bit more planning on my part.

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    @TonyG13 - You won't be disappointed with the Muni
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    So it only took five years, but we finally made it over to New Buffalo, MI and it was mine and the Admiral's first official overnight excursion. Luckily the weather gods were with us and we had glass on Lake Michigan there and back -- and in October no less!

Stayed at New Buffalo Municipal Marina. Perfect location and great price. Average speed there and back was between 23-29 MPH and an average of 1.29 GPM.

Already planning next season's trips - and not waiting another five years! Look out @Grahamu - We may be following you on the Great Loop soon!  :)

• Options
    captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 211 ✭✭
    Beautiful pictures. Glad it worked out. Weather was amazing last weekend for October in Chicago.
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho