Options

Microwave 05 270

laker83laker83 Member Posts: 11
Immthinking I need to replace but can’t see how to remove the old one. How is it mounted? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    What makes you think it needs to be replaced?  If no power, check that the plug is seated properly.  Mine comes loose every now and then.  Microwave plugs into back of circuit breaker panel and you can reach the plug by putting hand up the top of the cabinet.
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Four screws come from under the mic above the sink. Remove the screws push the mic back then you can remove the black starboard thing in front of the mic so it pulls right out. The mic is screwed to a 1/4 piece of plywood to keep it in place.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    they dont make the emerson any more=i looked and finally went with oster from home depot...free shipping ..no questions asked on a return==https://www.homedepot.com/p/Oster-0-7-cu-ft-Countertop-Microwave-in-Stainless-Steel-OGG3701/202267710
    .....we liked because it feels more sturdy than the ones we looked at...we like because it has a handle==we like because you can use as a mirror=pennies has the same without a handle==ok now its not as tall and not quite as wide and doesn't have the feet attached like the emerson which is screwed /attached to the plywood base===so now i have to find a way to attach/secure and a trim==we have used a few times and very happy==defiantly a upgrade over the emerson==thoughts ideas how to secure is welcomed