Options

trim hose routing

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in Engine Discussions
This is driving me nuts.....the trim pump lines that go from the pump to the manifold....bravo III.....there is a gray and a black one. The gray one has a longer bend to it at the fitting at the manifold so it can go over the black hose- so it should be the black goes to the inner hole in the manifold and the gray goes over top of that one to the outer hole in the manifold- diagram attached from mercruiser says the gray one is the number 3 going to the first hole in the manifold....what am I seeing wrong? I could not get it assembled that way...the number 3 hose is the gray hose....

Comments

• Options
    Kaptain_KenKaptain_Ken Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    I just recently installed new trim lines inside and out as well as a new manifold and Mercathode.  I honestly don't remember which one was forward or aft, but I do know that I fished them through the transom first, and then installed them on the manifold.  Only once they were tight on the manifold I then connected them to the trim pump.  It seemed the only way to get it done.  Hope this helps.
  • Options
    That's how I ended up as well- once I reversed the lines to the manifold from the way the drawing shows. For as important a thing this is, you would think it would be correct- hope I don't end up with trim that works backwards or something! Thanks for your input @Kaptain_Ken
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Install backwards on manifold, switch at pump
  • Options
    Kaptain_KenKaptain_Ken Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    Install backwards on manifold, switch at pump

Exactly what Handymans342 said.  No point in disassembling everything if it's reversed.  Simply switch them at the pump if it's all already assembled.  Best of luck rasbury.
  • Options
    flaw to that plan! One is a quick connect like an air hose, the other is the std. fitting...but it has to go that way....they will not fit one of the other any other way and if you try to do it side by side, well that don't work either...if the pump runs backwards then maybe I can do something to reverse it but it has to go that way! On ward and upward! I will see if I can get the admiral to help me slide it on tonight.
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    if I remember when I did mine I think you have it right ,one has to go on top of the other and can only fit in one way 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is correct