The 2018 boating season is one for the history books (good riddance)

DirtythirtyDirtythirty Delran, NJPosts: 372Member ✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/aWC4lu-MQD0

Last pump out....fuel up....and clean-out for the season.  This video and pic is just typical of the weather we had all summer long.  Maybe we put 30 hrs on the engines this year ( a travesty) and hence the little puff of black smoke from non use.  Now it’s “Goodnight Irene” until April.  I keep telling myself “next year will be better”  
Now it’s time to think about winter projects and more things I don’t need for the boat !

Comments

• skennellyskennelly ChicagoPosts: 1,397Member ✭✭✭
    Person on swim platform while under power???  Sorry had to say it.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • bella-vitabella-vita Buffalo NYPosts: 323Member ✭✭✭
    Mine is in line to be pulled today.6 months till next season.we had a awesome summer
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 5,410Member, Moderator mod

I'm betting next year we'll see you at Rinkervous!!  (that'll make it a better year for sure).  30 hours is crazy!  We put half that on ours just over the first 10-day trip over the 4th!  Those diesels definitely want to be ran more often! :) Hopefully you still got to spend some time relaxing on her!

Can't wait to see what mods you do this winter!   I know you've done a lot to make that boat even better every year!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• reneechris14reneechris14 Pawcatuck river CTPosts: 2,160Member ✭✭✭✭
    Nice job captain.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • luvinlifeluvinlife Portsmouth RIPosts: 349Member ✭✭✭
  • shawnmjrshawnmjr Detroit MIPosts: 1,403Member ✭✭✭✭
    My boating season wasn’t good either, too many business trips this year during the summer. If it makes you feel any better I just finished my 4th season on my boat and it only has 91 hours on it. 
  • randy56randy56 Newburgh INPosts: 2,648Member ✭✭✭✭
    Capt Dirty, hopefully you did get many overnight's in the slip. I only got 40 hours this year.  
    Boat Name : Knot My Prolem

2003 - 270
  • DirtythirtyDirtythirty Delran, NJPosts: 372Member ✭✭✭
    @randy56:  we spent every weekend on the boat, rain or shine. We didn’t always leave the slip,  sometimes we just grabbed a mooring ball for the day (or night) for a change of scenery when the weather was bad, or short trips to Philadelphia Marina when the forecast wouldn’t let us go further.  Hoping next year will be better. I doubt it could be worse.