Super Bowl

2»

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They think they are elite
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    If only the outcome of the game was the biggest concern we have today :)

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Haters can keep hating, or more realistic, keep being jealous
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game is over , half time was no where near as good as GAGA did last year. 
    Boat Name : 

randy56 said:
    Half time show was a disgrace.  They had to censor it because of language. The whole show stunk........ Just say'n 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    boatman37 said:
    My biggest disgust with the Pats is 1) Brady's poor sportsmanship. I have seen a few games they lost where he runs to the locker room pouting, refusing to congratulate the other team 2) a few years ago when Gronk 'assaulted' the guy from the Bills. Very easily could have ended that guys career and should have been suspended. That was no different than drop kicking a guy from behind after the play is over. No difference. And NE explanation was that Gronk tripped? C'mon! And yes, I have heard Brady whine alot after getting hit. Also Gronk complained that the reason he did that to the Bills player was because he was getting held. He said he had complained to the refs all game about it and used that as an excuse for assaulting him. Not the first time I have heard Gronk whine about how guys play him. 
    @boatman37 I agree that hit by Gronk was bad. However your facts are wrong. Right after the game Gronk apologized for the hit and he got a 1 game suspension and a fine. He never said he tripped. I saw the interview right after the game.  As far as Brady goes, he is a fierce competitor and does not take losing to easily. I follow this team day by day. Brady always gives his opponents praise. I have seen him run off the field after a win. He never whines to the media like a lot of players. He might whine to refs but thats it. So no Brady is not a poor sport.  He is the G.O.A.T. BTW I hate that saying.....lol  
    I have to say that was a great defensive performance. The halftime show was horrible. There hasnt been a good halftime show since Michael Jackson in 93. Some commercials were good. Oh well. On to the Stanley Cup!!
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    I'm always happy when the whole NFL thing is over and done with!! (not that I get into it when it is going)  

The best thing that it means, it's getting very close to boating season!! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread turned weird.  Football players are entertainers.  You guys are taking this WAY too seriously.  
    edited February 2019
    @LaRea sports is a big part of many people's lives. In Boston we have sports talk radio that is televised. The ratings blow music stations away. Yes many people take sports very seriously. 
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    randy56 said:
    Half time show was a disgrace.  They had to censor it because of language. The whole show stunk........ Just say'n 
    I agree, for what is supposed to be a family event it was pretty poor.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    The Stella Artois commercial re appearance of "The Dude" was my favorite part of the entire evening. "The Dude abides."
    @raybo3 is the only one who liked the game
  • boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 797 ✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    boatman37 said:
    My biggest disgust with the Pats is 1) Brady's poor sportsmanship. I have seen a few games they lost where he runs to the locker room pouting, refusing to congratulate the other team 2) a few years ago when Gronk 'assaulted' the guy from the Bills. Very easily could have ended that guys career and should have been suspended. That was no different than drop kicking a guy from behind after the play is over. No difference. And NE explanation was that Gronk tripped? C'mon! And yes, I have heard Brady whine alot after getting hit. Also Gronk complained that the reason he did that to the Bills player was because he was getting held. He said he had complained to the refs all game about it and used that as an excuse for assaulting him. Not the first time I have heard Gronk whine about how guys play him. 
    @boatman37 I agree that hit by Gronk was bad. However your facts are wrong. Right after the game Gronk apologized for the hit and he got a 1 game suspension and a fine. He never said he tripped. I saw the interview right after the game.  As far as Brady goes, he is a fierce competitor and does not take losing to easily. I follow this team day by day. Brady always gives his opponents praise. I have seen him run off the field after a win. He never whines to the media like a lot of players. He might whine to refs but thats it. So no Brady is not a poor sport.  He is the G.O.A.T. BTW I hate that saying.....lol  

Gronk isn't the one that said he tripped. Somebody else from NE made that comment. Can't remember who. Gronk did say something along the lines of 'he was holding me, what was I supposed to do'. And praise or no praise, Brady is disrespectful for his lack of sportsmanship. Being a role model (and probably the highest profile player in the NFL) he should at least conduct himself more professionally in that aspect. Brady isn't the only one that fails in this area. Just to name a few from my team, AB, Bell, and Tomlin. I'm sure every team has them too.I'm so disgusted with this behavior from my team that I might just be done with the NFL.
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I went skiing all weekend and fell asleep before half time. Best part was everyone was busy with the superbowl so there were no lines at the lifts!!  Got 17 runs in down the hull yesterday.

No regrets at all over here. 
    boatman37 said:
    I'm so disgusted with this behavior from my team that I might just be done with the NFL.
    This happened to me in the 90's when, to me, it really became about the money.  & my team, the Browns, up and left for more money in Baltimore.  Just never got back into it.  & it just makes me sick to see people around here worship Ray Lewis.  He should be in jail.  I remember a child on the news saying "he's my idol" when he went back and got his high school diploma!

I guess the college football that I enjoy isn't all that clean either.  The day they start paying those players money (more than they legally do), is the day I'm done with all of it.  By then, maybe I'll be in the Caribbean on a boat and not care anyhow! :)

@DI Ray Lewis should absolutely be in jail. I cant stand that guy. The Browns moving had nothing to do with the players. It was the owner that did that. Didn't the Baltimore Colts move in the middle of the night? I can not get into collage sports. I tried but it just does not get me interested. @ Boatman37 I guess you do not see the same Tom Brady that I see. He is always going to the children's hospital to see the sick kids and he donates tons of $$$$ to the kids in the area. He really is a role model here with what he does. I understand how you feel seeing your a steelers fan. Ben should be in cell right next to Lewis and yes Tomlin is a buffoon.     
    Ok close this out
    raybo3 said:
    The Browns moving had nothing to do with the players. It was the owner that did that. Didn't the Baltimore Colts move in the middle of the night?      
    Yes, good ole Art Modell moved them.  The guy was never liked.  He always got too involved trying to do what the manager should be doing.  I remember someone (Brown's fan) taking a picture of pi$$ing on his grave (that's going a bit too far, but I could see why fans felt that way).  & yes, the Colts did the move in the middle of the night, so not sure how Ravens fans could feel much better getting their team the same way (although most say, well you got your team now).  Just way too much money in all of that crap.  I can't ever spend a dime on any of it, knowing how much everyone involved makes.  It is good to see some of the players doing useful things with their money and time.

• Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    Trump refers to the NFL as a "product", and he does not use the term as a pejorative, but more of a realistic assessment of what it has become. I guess it always has been, but its kind of a caricature of what it ought to be IMO. As "The Dude" would say, "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
    Ok close this out
    Go away........
    Your funny Ray
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    Boring game, boring commercials, boring halftime show.  Bring on Baseball season, closely followed by...…….BOATING season! B)
    2000 Captiva 232