Options

HELP please

2»

Comments

• Options
    strictlybliznesstrictlybliznes Member Posts: 46
    LaRea said:
    Now make sure you seal that cut in the plastic floor so it's water-tight.  You don't want water getting in there.
    I cut in a way that It can be easily sealed, there are drain holes on the ends of the plastic liner, are those typically connected to something else? 
  • Options
    Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    That might have been the adhesive to keep the tub from pounding along.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. No problem. Just a deformation of the liner. Make sure to re-seal it thoroughly. I would not bond the liner to the fiberglass below . 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    If the drains don't lead into the bilge, they should have a fitting with a hose to the bilge. 
  • Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    raybo3 said:
    Its a "tub"........
    im assuming that means a good thing for me? please excuse my ignorance, what would typically be under these tubs

Yes, it's a good thing.  It does not typically rest on anything underneath.  Only thing that is a very small concern is to not let it contain enough water to drain thru the hole onto the wood underneath.  As far as it bowing, definitely no big deal at all.
    Right but I guess that what I’m trying to say, a section of that plastic liner is resting on something or something from underneath is pushing up on it majority of liner I can push down all the way and it’ll pop back, fine. One section I can’t push down at all because there’s something underneath it.. 100% you said there May be wood down there? My fear is that the wood got wet and is starting to bulge upward.. as far as the drain hole.. there would be wood underneath that? 
  • Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    raybo3 said:
    Its a "tub"........
    im assuming that means a good thing for me? please excuse my ignorance, what would typically be under these tubs

Yes, it's a good thing.  It does not typically rest on anything underneath.  Only thing that is a very small concern is to not let it contain enough water to drain thru the hole onto the wood underneath.  As far as it bowing, definitely no big deal at all.
    Right but I guess that’s what I’m trying to say, a certain part of it is resting on something or atleast has something pushing up on it from underneath, majority of the liner I can push down all the way and it’ll pop back up fine. One section I can’t push down at all.. there’s something underneath it blocking it, you said there’s wood down there, and that’s my fear essentially is that wood got wet and is now bulging upward toward the liner.. is the wood underneath structural? And the drain hole.. that would cause water to pour onto wood? 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    I don't know about your boat in particular, but lots of Rinkers have similar plastic tubs in a variety of locations.  The sub-floor could be gel-coated fiberglass, resin-coated plywood or painted plywood.  

Yours looks like resin-coated plywood, but it's hard to tell.  Resin-coated plywood won't be bothered by occasional moisture.  

Usually, the tub is just resting on the sub-floor, not glued down.  The tub bottom won't be perfectly flat, and it's resting on flat plywood, so it might feel like something is delaminated.  It's probably fine.