Options

Music volume at helm very weak

Clarion m455a sounds great and strong in salon but with fader on full to top 4 speakers it’s very weak, is this a weak receiver or weak amp. Need help please!  

Comments

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd checkout the wiring on the amp to the speakers.  On my 270 the cabin speakers are run off of the receiver outputs and the deck on the amp.  If somebody combined speakers it could cause a problem to the amp and could cause your issue
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    NickWightNickWight Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    You might also want to check the physical condition of the cockpit loudspeakers. We had a similar problem on our 280 and the cones on all 4 loudspeakers were rotted through.  Nick.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,554 mod
    If they are Sony 6.5" speakers, the cones have probably crumbled to dust.  Remove and replace, but not with Sony.
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    The fade on my stereo moved the audio from the cabin to the cockpit.  Might see if that works the same way and was adjusted away from the cockpit.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    4 screws...check the speakers first.   
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My speakers were shot on my 2008 280EC when I got her in 2014. I would start there. I replaced mine with Alpine SPS-M601's. I got the silver grills to change up the look in the cockpit.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree with these comments to pull the speaker and check it, but, on my 455 I've had a speaker go out in spring and then come on after playing it for a while. Something in the amp was stuck and then opened while I was bumping and was fine for the season. I make sure to use the stereo some in winter storage to keep everything moving. It may be a 13 year old system but it works well and sounds great! 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)