Options

Shipping A Cruiser

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
There's more that one way to take your cruiser down the St. Lawrence. View from our condo yesterday. BTW - very high water levels on the St. Lawrence, should make for some great summer cruising. That's the United States (New York State) in the background.

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Must be nice to have a boat so big that your tender is a 60-foot go-fast.  I mean, if you got it like that ...
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it’s chocked and strapped for delivery someplace maybe you can get a quote to ship like that 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know where that cruiser was loaded but that is an ocean going ship so it might have crossed from somewhere. Also looks like the hard top was removed for transport. That cruiser was quite big.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I looks like the cruiser has a fixed hardtop. You can see the windows and the rest of the top is blocked by the ships boom. I wouldn’t be surprised if the cruiser is 60’ or more.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Yeah, if you compare her to the shipping containers up on the bow, she's right around 60 feet.  

I'm gonna guess she's a 60 Cantius, also known as a great way to make your $2M scoot along at 40 mph.  
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like that boat has pod drives 

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Must be rich a$$ Canadian!
    Post edited by raybo3 on
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    I sold my Maxum 2400SCR to a man in Australia about 6 years ago(I am on Long Island, NY)... it cost him $11k to ship a $15k boat. 
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    yes...@michaelt .....hardtop removed for transport
    thats our new boat
    only way we could get her to table rock
    it wasnt to bad got bids from uship == $64300.00
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    I sold my Maxum 2400SCR to a man in Australia about 6 years ago(I am on Long Island, NY)... it cost him $11k to ship a $15k boat. 
    And the same probably is worth 30+ over there. Toys like boats and Harley's that are imported are expensive due to import costs, exchange rate, duties and luxury taxes. I looked up the price of ours over there and was shocked.
    People ask if we are going back and while that may be on the cards one day, having the same boat (and ideas of future) and my Fatboy are out of the question.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/