1992 Rinker 300 Fiesta Vee

Hey I'm a first time boat buyer, looking to keep it in one of the Chicago Harbors in Lake Michigan. I'm going in on the boat with one of my buddies and am looking for advice and input. We've decided we want something at least 32', twins and can fit around 10 people comfortably. The majority of the use would be hanging out at the dock, anchoring at the playpen and occasional trips across the lake to MI/IN. Do you think this boat would fit these needs and if so is there anything specific I should be looking at when I go to view it in person? Appreciate your feedback!

https://swmi.craigslist.org/boa/6857585172.html

Comments

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,457 admin
    Nice looking boat. Not to crazy about the portable A/C unit. I would definitely get it surveyed. Good luck and keep up posted. Welcome to the RBOC 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • F1100F1100 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    I have a 1993 300 vee, its been a great boat. I paid 18k cdn when I bought it, and put maybe 5k cdn into it in upgrades. Any questions just hollar have had it 4 years now.
    1993 300 FIESTA VEE TWIN 5.7L ALPHA GEN 2
    I would check the drives for corrosion, check the headliner and carpets for leaks. give it good go over that everything works. Check the trim tabs, check the drive pistons.
  • skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    My advice don't buy a boat with someone else without everything in writing.  Who pays for what and scheduling usage.  My real advice is don't do it period.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • rinker270nbrinker270nb Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    I would eliminate non-fuel injected engines from your consideration list, I'm not sure what this boat has. Carburetors can leave you stranded, especially as a new boater. You may want a swim platform for coolers and more usable space, it gets tight with 6+ people. I am in Diversey Harbor and have a hatch AC unit, hardly ever use it as it's so much cooler in the harbor and on the water.  I don't think that AC is needed to the extent shown.   BoaGet atUS tow policy, the best plan B for lake Michigan.
    Umm no.... carbs that are tuned to one season are GREAT. They never leave you stranded, cause there is literally nothing to fail, and they are easy to repair. 100% dont worry if the boat has carbs. Its alot less parts to fail than a fuel injected boat engine. And since these things are gas hogs anyway who cares.