Vacuflush head - pump out question?

mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭
So we allow #1’s in the head. Last night I myself was taking a wizz & looking down at the toilet seat back there is small instruction sheet. It says for pumpout - that you are supposed to shut off power to all house systems then fully open & lock the toilet ball valve somehow with the foot pedal. Then proceed with pumpout.
In past, I always just hooked up & sucked out. Never prepped the toilet beforehand.
Guess I’ve been doing it wrong or ???
246BR, 276BR, H310BR current

Comments

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone I know with a vacuflush which is a dozen or so does it your way..,, just attach and suck 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• kordokordo Member Posts: 229 ✭✭
    Be careful of your tank collapsing.  I follow the instructions and also have a tank saver relief valve.  Previous owner did not and the tank had to be replaced.
  • DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    I think there is a WHOLE BUNCH of people out there who that have been doing it wrong if that's the case.   I've never seen that decal, but I will check if one exists.   I absolutely can see the point  of the possibility of your tank collapsing in on itself unless there is a thru and thru passage for the air to pass.  Replacing a holding tank is NOT what I would want to do.    I really don't know of anyone who doesn't just "attach and suck". 
  • mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭
    Never seems to get to a point where you get to know everything related to boats. Good to have the forum.....saved my bacon a few times.

As per instructions - makes sense to lock the ball valve in the open position, power down & let the pump out do its thing. My venting is good & installed a 'big orange' waste tank filter this season. (built in air bypass valve - great idea BTW)

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current