How do you charge the batteries.

If I have shore power ON and Battery charger turned on, do I have to turn the battery knob in the back to a certain battery or even have it off for the charger to charge. The other day the batteries would not start the engine, just a click. There's something about running the fridge that will drain the batteries the last owner told me but not sure if I have it right. I left the fridge switch on and thinking maybe the shore power would run it. The fridge is AC/DC type. I just started leaving the fridge on and now the batteries are low. The bilge pump, radio, toilet, galley pump, and lights all work. I have a 2005, Fiesta Vee 2700. Has anyone had this problem?  

Best Answer

• GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The way mine is set up if their is shore power with the absence of 12 volt the fridge will run on that 
    if your isolator is good I don’t think it matters what position your switch is in the batteries will both charge .you can turn the battery switch to off then check to see if the fridge runs and put a meter on the batteries to check if their charging ,oh also on my charger their is a 30 amp fuse you can check 

Answers