Well ain't that a pretty little hurricane out Non boat related personal or political comment remove?

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
Non boat related personal or political comment removed
Post edited by rasbury on

Comments

• GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    good luck down there be safe 
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get ready Ras. Your Gov. is getting people prepared. 115 mph wind headed right at you. 
    Boat Name : 

• JasonAJasonA Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Luck of the draw for us, dropped the boat off for service last Saturday and it will not be done till next week. At first I was bummed on having no boat for the holiday weekend but now its going to be high and dry instead of in its wet slip for the storm.
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Let's hope the forecast is like luggage in an overhead compartment ... shift happens.  
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    Let's hope the forecast is like luggage in an overhead compartment ... shift happens.  
    Hopefully that’s the case. Whenever Long Island is a target, I want to say 85% of the time the storm shifts or is downgraded. I hope I didn’t jinx us...
    2008 330EC
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha ... that's exactly where I first heard it, probably a decade ago!
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Already prepped in the keys.. no plan for the boat... will see what happens! 
    Post edited by J3ff on
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The plan in the keys should be to get out of the keys- Trac has changed to a little further south. Would not want to be in the keys with a cat 3 storm anywhere near...
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Good luck to everyone in FLA. Secure your boats but most importantly STAY SAFE!
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    As long as the westward winds stay north - the boat should be fine... storm would have to shift 70 miles south before that would happen. 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    Good luck and take any safety precautions that you can (for you self and boat).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck and stay safe guys. As the great Ron White says " It's not That the wind is blowing 120 mph...it's What the wind is blowing at 120 mph."
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    My distributors sometimes set up tents on storm damaged areas in central locations where you'll also find red cross tents, food, medical and other tents.  They set up chain sharpening tents where they will sharpen chains for you while you wait (free of charge believe) 

Something to check into if you find yourself needing storm damage clean up and didnt stock up on spare sharp chains.

Also make sure you're generators are working.  Shops like mine get flooded after ice/big storms when no one thought to check out their chainsaw or generator before the storm. There are only so many guys in the shop to work on equipment.  Fed ex and ups don't ship on closed roads. 

Hope you guys are all prepped and stocked up. 

Locked and loaded
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    Locked and loaded
    Piracy in Florida, while romanticized in books, movies and television is still highly illegal

Not 100% on the boat..I have it at the house on the trailer and I guess it's as safe there as anywhere..would like to see if I can shield the garage door with it- if the door fails I can lose the whole roof...we will watch the weather and sound like the center will now be a little further south...
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thing I dont have a boat anymore. Looks like we will be on the backside of it down here
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Good thing I dont have a boat anymore. Looks like we will be on the backside of it down here
    I don't think Ill ever say that first sentence 
    blow over that land yacht...look out! you will be fine I'm sure.....unless it goes into the gulf and then turns around and comes back at you...recall one doing that one year. 

Price we pay for sun and fun and no snow shovels!
    edited August 2019
    @J3ffbeith all due respect, this storm is bigger than the state. While the eye wall is the serious part of the storm, the storm surge/water push extend way beyond the center of the storm. If you get word to get out, I would heed that warning.
    A cat 5 storm can have 40' of storm surge and it can van out over a hundred miles- you about 2' above sea level!
  • bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    With the turn south looks like no choice, boat will be coming out of the water by noon. Still going to ride it out in my bosses house. Have plenty of provisions and I'm inside a gated community with its own medical and police force.. hopefully can live stream it! :) 
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck Ras looks like still in the bullseye. Be careful and take the safe way.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    With the turn south looks like no choice, boat will be coming out of the water by noon. Still going to ride it out in my bosses house. Have plenty of provisions and I'm inside a gated community with its own medical and police force.. hopefully can live stream it! :) 
    Hopefully it's a two story. With a good foundation. Big ocean, small spit of land. Good luck all.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is make money season for one of my customers: make BIG chippers: trees, houses too. lol

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get out Rick NOW!!!
    Willhound said:
    J3ff said:
    Hopefully it's a two story. With a good foundation. Big ocean, small spit of land. Good luck all.
    Well they bailed on me. Great. I've got a fixed dock who will let me tie up for 280 a DAY. I may just be tying her to the mangroves and holding on! 
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Look at the first picture in this article.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/hurricane-dorian-august-2019/index.html

Had to laugh, other than the water, that is not what would be in my shopping cart if I was preparing for a hurricane!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

@j3ff if that comes through as a 4 to you, there will be no mangrove. That was Irma that pretty much wiped out everything around you. Your window for getting out of there will start to narrow pretty quick. Good luck my Rinker friend, do not take this lightly. We are closing the dealer ship from Sunday through Thursday....we are on the east coast a little north east of Orlando.
    So what kind of wind will blow over a 270 on a trailer?