Water in rear bildge

So I have always had a little water in my bilge. Now I am noticing quite a bit more. Where should I begin looking for this leak? Where are common areas for the Fiesta Vee? 

Comments

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check all your through hull fittings, bellows and steering pin. Also check your clamps on your hoses and blue plugs for any leaks.
    2008 330EC
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    I always had water in mine since I bought it last year and the bilge would turn maybe every hour briefly. There was no signs of leaking anywhere till this spring after we went out for a few hours. When we got back to the marina I could hear water dripping in when I checked the engine compartment, I then could see it from the outdrive Bellow coming in. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    I'd say first start with a clean dry bilge.  Let it sit in the water for a day and see if there is any water.  If not, then go out for a ride and check.  This should at least tell you if it's engine related or something that leaks all the time.  You may also get water in after rain. 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    Is your bilge turning on occasionally? There will pretty much always be some water in the bilge but if the pump is turning on occasionally then it's probably actively coming in as opposed to just from rain and moisture. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is coming on hourly then you definitely have a problem. When you start looking your going to find out there are a hundred places to check but you can find it. The seals on the thru hulls certainly get dried out and will leak- hoses/clamps around the engine.  Water pumps. Hopefully not coming in around the transom. You have the bellows also- how long since they have been serviced? Baby powder on the bielge can rule out thru hulls from the front of the boat as water is sometimes hard to see. With that much coming in it should not be to hard that's a few gallons  every hour or so...
  • PitterPatterPitterPatter Member Posts: 23
    edited September 2019
    I had the outdrives service at the beginning of the season, new gimble ring (port side), new bellows, shift cables U-joints and more. I talked to the mechanic he is comimg out this week to check it. May have something to do with the new holding tank when they installed it too he said. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks for all of the input everyone!