Finally joined the trailer club

JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
Scored what I think is a pretty good deal yesterday. Got a heavy duty trailer for my 276 cuddy for 2 grand. I've been looking for a long time and couldn't find anything that wasn't junk for under $3k. Now I can save money on winter storage and be able to take the boat to some new areas here in Michigan.  B)

2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3

Comments

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like a deal to me.....used trailers are pretty scarce for sure.....and being able to go to other places you will really like!
  • Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    We always took our 246 Captiva up to the Mississippi just about every weekend, then pulled into a local gas station to fill up with non ethanol Premium gas for much less than fuel dock pricing. We also did one long haul every summer - Dale Hollow Lake in Tennessee, Lake Cumberland in Kentucky, Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri, Table Rock Lake in Missouri (multiple times - really like Table Rock), so yeah, its pretty nice to be able to haul your vessel to other bodies of water and check out some different scenery. But then again, if you're on the great lakes, you can go from one to another or even just on one great lake, they being so vast, you'd likely never get bored.
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good buy, smart move, you will use it. not a waste of money. having a big house boat once. I said I'll never have another boat with out a trailer.
    Boat Name : 

• mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭
    Good idea.
    Always wondered how to set the bunks properly. Must be a trick to it....
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

Mine are not adjustable..i suppose you could move them and drill new holes but would not call that adjustable and I'm sure the POS trailer the PO "gave me" with the boat did not come from rinker!
  • JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    We'll see how often I feel like pulling the boat out to get fuel, but it definitely will save me some coin when I do.

There's some great inland lakes here in northern Michigan, so yeah I definitely plan to do some exploring next summer.
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    JoeStang said:
    We'll see how often I feel like pulling the boat out to get fuel, but it definitely will save me some coin when I do.

There's some great inland lakes here in northern Michigan, so yeah I definitely plan to do some exploring next summer.
    We trailered the center console up to Indian River.  Mullet and Burt Lakes are really nice.  We went across Mullet lake up the Cheboygan River and out to the straits.  Lots of pretty stuff to see up there.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Time to bring her down to Rinkervous 2020! :-)  Trailering will definitely open up a few more opportunities for you, both in places to easily boat, servicing the boat, and storing your boat.  Sounds like a great deal!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    If you go to haughton or Higgins watch the prop lol
  • ruggeroleruggerole Member Posts: 161 ✭✭

Great score!!!.

I am currently looking for a trailer for a 276 that I have my eye on. Where did you find this and do they have one more?

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:
    Time to bring her down to Rinkervous 2020! :-)  Trailering will definitely open up a few more opportunities for you, both in places to easily boat, servicing the boat, and storing your boat.  Sounds like a great deal!
    I was thinking the same thing!!! The Rinkervous is a great event and well worth the haul. We are starting to plan next years trip with a few other Rinker owners from Pittsburgh.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    ruggerole said:

Great score!!!.

I am currently looking for a trailer for a 276 that I have my eye on. Where did you find this and do they have one more?

Trailmaster trailers are generally what they came on from factory 
    Stodge said:

We trailered the center console up to Indian River.  Mullet and Burt Lakes are really nice.  We went across Mullet lake up the Cheboygan River and out to the straits.  Lots of pretty stuff to see up there.
    Yeah I've camped waterfront at Aloha State park, its beautiful up there. That will be on the short list of places to take it. First I have to get it to Torch lake though. My fiance's family has a house on the lake with a dock, so it'd be the perfect setup.

ruggerole said:

Great score!!!.

It was a craigslist find. It isnt new by any means, it was probably made in the mid 90's. I just kept my eyes open and was ready to buy when it popped up.

mattie said:

Trailmaster trailers are generally what they came on from factory 
    Yeah, and they are very nice. I got a quote from them recently to the tune of $6,500.... :|
    He did, OH my, she got him. Congratulations dude. 
    Boat Name : 

Yeah, and they are very nice. I got a quote from them recently to the tune of $6,500.... :|
    Woof! That’s pricey.....
    shawnmjr said:
    Wait did @JoeStang say the F (Fiancé) word? Congratulations on the engagement. 
    Haha yeah, the run of single Joe ended earlier this year, but it was for my own good. I was bound to end up broke, needing a liver transplant, and a regular guest on Maury. :D

I found a great girl and we are getting hitched in Key West next month. Bonus is that she loves boating and makes great money, so who knows maybe eventually I'll be buying one of MT's rigs. :smile: 

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations!!🍾 
    2008 330EC
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Congrats Joe!  It must be the year to do that!  There's a guy on my dock that us old guys always enjoyed seeing his "next catch".  Not sure where he ever found them, but not only did they have looks (& man did they ever), but also were very intelligent.  He finally got engaged this year.  Funny thing, she is someone that my wife is boss over at work! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Congratulations and best of luck.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Joe, it's not a bad gig, she's still with me after 30 years....

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    Marriage: When things in the bed room are so hot, so kinky, so perfect you just have to get the government involved!

OK- so both pictures look like the same dress/place/time...one has a ring, the other does not...you didn't propose at a party did you???
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Look at you @rasbury mr detective good observation.
    Congrats on the engagement joe
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
    Nice job Ras, you're spot-on! That was this past NYE, and those are before & after pics of the proposal. Was a fun night! LOL
  • halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Joe.....great life choice. All the best!
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Wow, look at you, there goes all the awesome pictures of girls on this board!! :)  (can't be creeping on a wife)

If you're in Key Largo and want to meet up for a drink, let me know.. ! 
    edited September 2019
    Haha go ahead and creep on her, everyone else does! Thats the price of having a pretty girl. :)

How far from KW is Key Largo?

And I guess it may be all the same girl from now on, but I can still produce some winner pics. LOL

She was the best moving buddy, even if she couldnt lift as much as my buddies LOL

Post edited by JoeStang on
  • Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    I built this stained glass window. Almost the exact same pose! She's for sale.
    She's hot.
    Boat Name :