Sad Time of Year

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
This is always a sad time of the year. Its out of the water and almost ready for the winter.   :'(

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahahaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Really Steve really...........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    Yes really. Your turn to visit in a few months
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    where are you? i had a great day on the water today in ct!!

1.jpg 129.9K
    3.jpg 1.4M
    2.jpg 1.3M
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and it's going to be 70 tomorrow, 75 on tuesday and 80 on wed.. 
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My turn was Friday. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
     I was Monday....
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Liberty44140 wow...really nice storage. Your boat has to love that!
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of us still in the water:  this time of year, the hours your boat spends sitting in the slip ... you can't get those back. 
    Working off Sat night memory here, I pay around $3600 for inside heated storage. No winterizing needed. Plus I have access 6x a week and 3 evenings until April when it goes 7x days. 

I figure if I paid to wrap and winterize it is ~$500 more to be inside when all done. It's way better for the boat too!

PC BYC, Holland, MI
    edited October 2016
    ** edited**

Got the real numbers just because:

35' Slip: $3,275 with water and power
    Inside heated, with powerwash, and jackstands: $3,200 (6.95/ sq ft x 388.5 ft2)

I save $535 by prepaying in full.  Plus it gets me a parts discount and free pumpouts.  woohoo!  Take what I can get lol

Keeping it out of the cold and snow we can get is worth it, plus the all winter long access. 
    Post edited by Black_Diamond on

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks MT. On storage costs I pay $1550 for that indoor storage, cold. Includes haul out, power wash, jack stands and launch. They have a heated side which would be $3000ish like BD. That is just winter, dock is $2000 in the summer. I did winterize as it's cold storage but I'm told that it's 40 in there in February so we will see. Starting in Feb I can go in on sat and sun and tinker if I wish. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

I don't miss all those fees just sayin
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    I hauled out because our slips will be coming out in 2 weeks. Due to that nasty 4 letter word (work) I did not use my boat much since the end of Aug. My storage "guy" actually picked the boat up at the club for me. I know the weather is going to be great this week but I do have access to other boats so my season is not quite over just yet.  
  • bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    I pay $2500 for heated indoor storage including haul in and out 
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spend 90 bucks a month for on trailer storage right near the ramp I launch for my local boating...
  • halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Indoor unheated storage $330 for 6 months.
    You do get free hurricanes Ras!

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod

No extra fees here @handyman342!  I pay $3675 per year and own my lift.  Boat stays on it 365 days a year (sometimes 366 :) ).  Gonna hit 80 degrees here the next 3 days.  Taking a 4 day weekend coming up heading over to the Hyatt in Cambridge (3 swimming pools, one indoor, heated one outdoor and indoor/outdoor hottub).  Also planning on doing parade of lights in December.  I'll toss the cover on her for a few months over the holidays and then back on it first week of March.  Much better than worrying about hurricanes! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    heck, the east coast north of Florida all the way up to NJ (remember Sandy?) has been getting hit much worse than we have had it in Florida....and no flooding or tornadoes to worry about either.
    @rasbury, but, the Chesapeake bay is a bit different.  Remember, it has that big piece of land on the other side first :) .  We did get the bathtub affect with Isabel, but even then it was just surge.  During Sandy, my boat was on the lift and was boating the very next day.  It went north of here, and again, if had cut across it'd have hit the eastern shore first.  My last 17 years of boating here on the Chesapeake, I only pulled a boat once for a storm (Isabel).  I had a trailer for the boat so it was no big deal.  Where my boat currently is, a boat was on that lift during Isabel.

• Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    Yesterday may have been our last hurrah on the upper Mississippi north of Guttenberg, but if another real nice day comes along? Who knows? I have my own business and have a large bay in my building where I park my boat, trailered 246, so heated in the winter - air conditioned in the summer, out of the elements all year, no cost. I'm very lucky.
  • 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    @Dream_Inn I will be there again this year for the Parade in Annapolis.  Lets hope we dont have any more incidents.  Also spent a few hours last weekend looking at marinas and might go up there on Sunday afternoon to check out some more.  The admiral is really pushing it.    

I got another month or so of boating.  And as Dream said this weekend should be nice.  I think if I boated all year round I would not respect nor use my boat as much.  With the 8 months of boating I have, it forces me to use it every chance I get.  Up north pulls sooner, but dang do they have some beautiful places to boat.

Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
    edited October 2016
    All you northern whinners can come down here anytime and take a January or FebruaryRide anytime.
  • craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    I'm pushing it one more week this year and pulling the 2nd week in November. I hope to take a cruise up the CT river to do some leave peeping this weekend. 
  • 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    @Handymans342 I'll be in Melbourne in January.  I'll be craving some boat time
    Post edited by 06Rinker270 on
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    I store my 310 heated indoor storage incl jacks, haul out power wash and spring launch for $4300. Not the cheapest but a great crew to work with and open7 days a week with security and can work on it during hours 7-6pm

@06rinker270 it looks like the really high winds this weekend is keeping us back from going.  Was really looking forward to it, but wind gust up to 40mph with steady winds over 25mph isn't good.  I strung up a deal with my mechanic since I have the leaky transom and just going to take the boat over tonight and have it pulled.  I'll winterize tomorrow and take advantage of being on land to buff over the weekend and then cover. 

I'll be doing parade of lights on my buddy's 4460 Regal, so maybe we can connect then!

• 69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
    I just winterized mine too. With the kids playing football, soccer, ag shows, ect..... There's just no time. I store mine in my shop though, so I can at least sit in it and pretend. 
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    It costs me $1k for outdoor storage on asphalt, with a guard, 24 hour access, and nobody blocking me when it's time to go back in the water.  Another $1200 plus or minus for winterize, shrink etc.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX