Last Haul out

AlswaggAlswagg Posts: 2,579Member ✭✭✭✭✭
we pulled our last scheduled haul out today.  Rinker 282.    Great day today but the weather is changing very very fast.  

Comments

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Holland, MichiganPosts: 4,710Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. All the boats out of marinas here too. Winter is a coming!

2003 342FV "Black Diamond", 350 MAG MPI, 20P 4x4 Props, PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • AlswaggAlswagg Posts: 2,579Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monday -Tuesday night 16*. This will bust blocks.    We still have 8 to winterize in boat houses. Another long day tomorrow 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 5,513Member, Moderator mod
    Nice looking 282!  With that full enclosure, there's a lot more room under cover when you need it.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• earl1z19earl1z19 Catawba IslandPosts: 81Member ✭✭
    Those smart craft gauges could use a quick trip to Gauge Saver for some new lenses. Sending mine there this winter
  • PickleRickPickleRick Posts: 530Member ✭✭
    High of 70 yesterday, will be in the low to mid 60s today and tomorrow.  I work on a highway leading up to keowee and jocassee, the fishing boats are heading up each morning.  Way too cold for me already.  In February and March the striper will be hitting and there will be even more fisherman on the lakes.  

We've yet to have frost outside of the mountains but it has gotten down to about 35 over night once or twice.  Maybe Florida should share some of that winter warmth with the rest of us
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 5,513Member, Moderator mod
    Our first frost was this past weekend.  I'm glad because it means the rest of the leaves will come down and I can be done with the lawn.

My dock neighbor keeps his boat out thru the new year.  He takes it fishing into the southern Chesapeake for a week in late December, then winterizes for two months and him and I are usually the first two out in March.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• icoulthaicoultha Niskayuna NYPosts: 1,310Member ✭✭✭
    Snow tomorrow they say for here.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Rear Commodore, Crescent Boat Club

• PickleRickPickleRick Posts: 530Member ✭✭
    I used to keep my sailboat on a mooring year round. Pulling once every other year to reapply bottom.  It was tiring to go check on it every weekend being a 45 min drive one way.   The last winter i kept it on the water i went down Thanksgiving weekend and the boat was gone.  70mph winds pulled the mooring loose and i had to launch a jet ski to find it a few coves down.   Thank God its a rural part of the lake and no docks to hit.  
  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks GermantownPosts: 498Member ✭✭✭

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Posts: 7,756Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have three more to winterize in boat houses before the big freeze hits this weekend.  Locally temps will be around 15* with the highs around 25*. This is from Sunday through Wednesday.  Temps like these will freeze and break cast iron.   All of our customers will be serviced and ready for winter.   I am sure some new requests will come next week.  Those will be needing engines and manifolds 
    What about the Grand Design boys?
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Flagstaff, AZ Posts: 404Member ✭✭✭
    I had my boat winterized 2 weeks ago here.  Shortly after that, it got down to 9* less than a week later.  Amazingly, my mechanic said he had no other boats come in after that with damage.  I'm sure Spring will tell a new tale haha. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
    Handy, they have been out and into their respective storage condos for a while now.  
    Alswagg said:
    Handy, they have been out and into their respective storage condos for a while now.  
    Did you give them my email I sent you??
    Resend it.   I think I did though