Black Friday

shawnmjrshawnmjr Detroit MIPosts: 1,446Member ✭✭✭✭
With Black Friday approaching has anyone seen any great deals? Last year a member on here (can’t remember who) posted some great amazon deals on towables and floats and let’s just say I made out good by him posting it. Let’s all share the crazy deals so we can all get some action here. Looks like west marine has some ok deals but nothing crazy. Taylormade fenders do look like they are 40%off and some of the inflatable life jackets look like they are on sale again. Also looks like a lot of places are offering the echo show 5 for $49 for you smart home people out there. I’m waiting for the Home Depot ad as that’s my favorite place to shop but haven’t seen anything yet. 

Comments

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Posts: 2,490Member ✭✭✭✭
    Agree on sharing! Just a note though that some of that last year was a mistake and amazon cancelled orders. Mine got cancelled and I made a big enough stink that they gave me enough credit to get what I wanted at a similar price. Initial ad was a mistake and they never shipped. 
    Wine-N-Down -- 2006 342 Express Cruiser

• shawnmjrshawnmjr Detroit MIPosts: 1,446Member ✭✭✭✭
    Agree on sharing! Just a note though that some of that last year was a mistake and amazon cancelled orders. Mine got cancelled and I made a big enough stink that they gave me enough credit to get what I wanted at a similar price. Initial ad was a mistake and they never shipped. 
    Mine too but everything i ordered one of i got. Anything that I was greedy on and ordered more than one of I did not receive. I also made a gripe and got compensated with amazon gift credits. What I learned from this is if something seems way too cheap to be true then pay for the fastest shipping available because it will be less time to catch their mistakes. Is it wrong? Maybe, but these places get rich off our dollar all year long and they  are the ones living on the boats that we make jokes about so I don’t feel bad lol. 
  • J3ffJ3ff Posts: 1,929Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26
    shawnmjr said:
    With Black Friday approaching has anyone seen any great deals? Last year a member on here (can’t remember who) posted some great amazon deals on towables and floats and let’s just say I made out good by him posting it. Let’s all share the crazy deals so we can all get some action here. Looks like west marine has some ok deals but nothing crazy. Taylormade fenders do look like they are 40%off and some of the inflatable life jackets look like they are on sale again. Also looks like a lot of places are offering the echo show 5 for $49 for you smart home people out there. I’m waiting for the Home Depot ad as that’s my favorite place to shop but haven’t seen anything yet. 
    That would be me. :) I will be on the prowl for similar deals all through the night on Wed night. It actually was a price mistake.. can you believe they sent me all 12 floats? Sold 3 of them they were paid for. Still have 6 to sell!! 

How'd you make out?? 

Right now I'm looking at west marine to hopefully do something with Yeti cups. Amazon has already put the fire tv 4k on sale....and looking for a 75 inch tv. 

But if a deal like this pops up again, I'll be sinking some cash into it for sure!! Some of these were close to 300 retail, most around 200, kept on going back for more! 

couldn't believe they all showed up!

• shawnmjrshawnmjr Detroit MIPosts: 1,446Member ✭✭✭✭
    @J3ff I didn’t make out quite as good as you but I made out pretty good. They canceled half of my order but here is everything I did receive. I got a $100 voucher for them canceling half of it and then they gave me another $100 (if I recall correctly) because the stuff that wasn't cancelled took a month to ship. So basically everything I did receive I almost got for free. Here is what I received, some of it is for our pool. 

• aero3113aero3113 Long Island, NYPosts: 2,897Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26
  • WillhoundWillhound Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 2,127Member ✭✭✭✭
    New Black Friday strategy. Don't just save 20, 30, 50%! Skip the whole thing and save 100%!
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • earl1z19earl1z19 Catawba IslandPosts: 81Member ✭✭
    West Marine just had a 20% off sale all Yeti products this weekend for members.
    I agree completely on skipping the whole black Friday deal and saving 100%!
    Its not what you save its what you spend!
    Pretty good deal on an inflatable life jacket. Admiral mandated that I would get one for this summer so grabbed it now while it’s on the cheap, she has one already:

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-marine--inshore-automatic-manual-inflatable-life-jacket--16725285

• WillhoundWillhound Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 2,127Member ✭✭✭✭
    Off topic @Liberty44140 but I'm happy to see you got the automatic model. A lot of people go manual only because they don't "trust" the auto function but I think they're pretty reliable now and my thought is that if you hit your head or are incapacitated some way then at least you have a chance. I can't imagine fumbling for a rip cord in dark cold water after I snorted a lung full of water.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
    agree will, we got one for the admiral because she is running around the boat while docking so there is a risk of her falling overboard and hitting her head and we’d need auto. She wears the auto life jacket and our PLB whenever we leave the dock, so she wanted me to have one too. Never even considered getting manual only, auto seems to be a must have to me. 

• mattiemattie Sarnia, OntarioPosts: 300Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 28
    On the auto PFD those are a good idea. Not really sure what the point of manual ones are. (price point I guess)

My daughter (18) for her summer job runs the ferry back & forth to Stag Island in the St Clair River up this way. Early this season due to high water most docks were underwater. Docking the ferry she lost her footing - whacked her head, chipped a tooth,....old deaf guy islander yanked her from the cold water. She didn't remember any of it. Really close call.

Island board mandated auto pfd's right after for all the ferry drivers.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 5,516Member, Moderator mod
    Wow @mattie !  Thankful she is ok.  Unfortunately it sometimes takes a lesson to learn how quickly things can happen. It took our little mishap years ago.  Now we all wear inflatables.  That is a great deal @Liberty44140 posted.  I almost thought about but I g them instead of recharging mine, but going to stick with recharging since we all have different colors.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Dream how much does it cost to re charge these things? 

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 5,516Member, Moderator mod
    Dream how much does it cost to re charge these things? 
    I found go2marine to be cheapest at $20 each.  Got a BF coupon for 20 off 100.  So, need 4 of them, which leaves me 20 to spend on something.  Sure it won't be difficult. :smile:

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Nice, good to know, thx