NHL hockey thread

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP Dale Hawerchuk. 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Very sad 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed. He coached our local OHL junior team the Barrie Colts for 9 seasons. Longest coaching tenure for the team and several points championships I believe.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,547 mod
    Are any of you guys still watching?
  • Options
    Nope. But Jimmy Kimmel's skit on the Emmy's about trading awards for the Stanley Cup was priceless! 
  • Options
    Well I watched Game 2 for a while yesterday.  They are not playing like two teams in peak form battling for a championship.  And I guess I shouldn't expect that with such a short regular season.  
  • Options
    Anybody want to lay odds on whether pro hockey will actually begin two weeks from tomorrow?  I think I can last that long.  
  • Options
    Another condensed season. Who cares. Pray for lundquist
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    They'll last about as long as the NBA (the one sport I absolutely never watch).  I'd just like the season to end at it's normal date this year. I could be watching it on the boat in 10 weeks!👍For such a short month, February seems so long!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    @raybo3 you guys couldn't hang onto Zdeno Chara for one last year?!?  It's gonna be strange watching him in a Capitals sweater this year.  
  • Options
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    @raybo3 you guys couldn't hang onto Zdeno Chara for one last year?!?  It's gonna be strange watching him in a Capitals sweater this year.  
    He got slow. He could be effective in a 56 games season playing 10/12 minutes a game. Sad seeing him leave and for only $775,000. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Maybe he has lost some speed, but I bet the Bruins won't like playing against him.  
  • Options
    OK, next generation NHL, but Canada vs US for World Junior Gold today. Go Canada!
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Anyone else get the feeling the pens will once again ice 2 elite level lines and zero bottom 2 line depth  this season?   They still have the one of the most expensive blue lines in the league yet play an AHL 3rd pairing.
  • Options
    Anyone else get the feeling the pens will once again ice 2 elite level lines and zero bottom 2 line depth  this season?   They still have the one of the most expensive blue lines in the league yet play an AHL 3rd pairing.
    Don’t matter. They won’t win anyway
  • Options
    Willhound said:
    OK, next generation NHL, but Canada vs US for World Junior Gold today. Go Canada!
    Did I hear a shutout?? LMAO
  • Options
    Don’t matter. They won’t win anyway
    And the top heavy ageing talent is the issue.  Time for the stars to take league minimum so they can pay top  level young talent to play the bottom 6 and a serviceable 3rd pairing so they can make some more cup runs.

For Crosby, Malkin and Tanger the short season should be in their favor but they will be a 1 and done again in the post season.
  • Options
    Willhound said:
    Yep. Congrats to our US friends. We'll get you next time!
  • Options
    Willhound said:
    Willhound said:
    Yep. Congrats to our US friends. We'll get you next time!

If you were a hockey player you'd tell them to give their balls a tug.  (Letterkenny anyone?)  

Lot of talent on the ice for both sides, 

• Options
    Okay, it's on - we have hockey now!

I watched part of the Battle of the Pennsylvanians.  Most Caps fans will like the outcome.  
  • Options
    Pens played as expected.  Insane knock down goal for Crosby.  
  • Options
    Agreed -- classic Crosby.  Right place right time and perfect stick skills.  
  • Options
    Hey @raybo3 the Caps have been playing Chara 20+ minutes a game, and he doesn't look slow to me!  But we'll see how it goes against the Bruins tonight.  
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @LaRea I have been saying all along that the B's made a mistake getting rid of him. Plus he didn't want to leave. He has lost a step but a very good pick up for the Cap's. I am surprised at how many minutes he has been playing. I would have thought he minutes would have to be cut down a little bit. Hopefully he can keep it up.
  • Options
    Wow, Chara just took a puck to the face. Ouch!!

• Options
    Exciting game.  What's with Marchand ... usually I find him a lot more annoying than tonight.  Against Chara, he decided to shut up and play.   :)
  • Options
    Lots of drama coming out of the Rangers locker room after the pens squeaked out another OT win.

I feel sorry for DeAngello, very talented player that cant keep his nose clean off the ice.   Seems he fought with a goalie.  
  • Options
    The Caps/Flyers game was really good today, except the Caps losing.  Definitely exciting.

• Options
    No doubt.  And without Oshie or Vrana ... I guess we'll see a lot of teams playing games short-handed this season.