edited May 2022 in Non-Boating Related
Blah
Post edited by rasbury on

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that. Best of luck Ras.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should have went home when I had the chance... now I'm stuck in Covid land with you..

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the club. We had a pilot that got it and they shutdown that crew base for the next two weeks. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve had 2 in my building and 10 other bank branches with positive cases but no panic. I give blood in 2 weeks so I will find out if I have the antibodies. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, they aren't shutting down so far...I assume they are reviewing the options but I think that is what we should do and reopen with proper procedures. This, unlike what has been rumored, is not "just going to disappear " and we, that still work, need to learn how to live with it without ignoring it. Strong will survive.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m sure you guys will follow the procedures NY did, sounds like it’s starting to really fire up down there. Too many people think they don’t have to follow rules or wear a mask, and that’s the issue. Stay safe.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    I was asked to return to work last week and so far I'm very unhappy with how my workplace is handling it.  It's a family owned business and I don't think the family owners think the pandemic is serious.  It's more a thing that's effecting business.  Employees are required to wear masks but I see plenty not wearing.

I work 6am - 12:30pm to try and avoid people.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Yep...its going to be a process for this country.....
  • Options
    @skennelly I've been working throughout since March under the same conditions. No masks or gloves, staff crowded together in common areas like lunchrooms and work areas. I work at a counter about 6 feet wide with two other employees shoulder to shoulder. Customers totally ignoring physical distancing and although we're allowed to mention it to them, we're not allowed to refuse service. Personally I've just walked away on a few, they can fire me if they want. Although we've had no "official" cases, there have been a few employees that mysteriously disappeared for two weeks with no explanation. I think they were paid to stay home and keep their mouths shut for fear of having to shut down the business. It's all about the almighty buck.

@rasbury that's a lot of what's causing the current surge, certain states insisting there weren't a lot of cases so let her rip, and now those same states are the new hot spots. Not rocket science.
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    I’m sure you guys will follow the procedures NY did, sounds like it’s starting to really fire up down there. Too many people think they don’t have to follow rules or wear a mask, and that’s the issue. Stay safe.
    That's hilarious. Our Gov. is not like yours up there.. he's the guy who couldn't figure out how to put on a mask on live tv!! 
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The haphazard ‘rules’ at businesses are certainly an issue. The company I work for is global and taken the ‘employees’ first plan.  Hard rules about visiting our manufacturing facilities, our corporate office has been empty since April. Global travel ban, even by car, in place too until just recently...car travel ok
    in USA and Europe, no air travel. Basically seeing customers on-demand only.  Going to be a mess far longer than most peole expected.  S America is a total hot mess now. 

Stay safe. Be smart. 😊

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    its flaring up again = i think people have gotten laxed  and its summer time and been cooped up.
    i cant figure why people cant do the social distance = come right up to you,stand with ya,ask questions ,try n shake your hand = which is a hard habit to stop = gotta do the air shake and i think mandatory mask is coming
    my daughter works for starbux = they had a worker with symptoms = boom her crew was automatically on paid 2 week self quarantine = store deep cleaned and new crew brought in   

its not a hoax 
    some people n businesses do take it seriously
    granted some reason is name sake n liability 
    but
    i get the small business-the worker-the family = that are just barely getting by and cant take the 
    money hit or close or self quarantine = its a financial ruin for them but if they have symptoms or have the virus keep on working and infecting  = because they have to support a family
    kinda a catch 22

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,548 mod
    In late March, I asked people to rate their "degrees of separation" from COVID-19:

0 = I am infected
    1 = I live with an infected person
    2 = I know an infected person (close friend or coworker)
    3 = I know an infected person (casual acquaintance or rarely see them)
    4 = I know someone who knows an infected person
    5 = none of the above

At the time, people were mostly 5 or 4, and the pandemic didn't feel real.  Now I bet just about everybody is 3 or closer.  There can't be many people left who are still at 5.  

I'm at 2.  Two coworkers are fighting it right now ... one here and one in Arizona.  
  • Options
    2 and 3 . One was in the hospital for 89 days and one passed away. The others, about 5, all had it but not serious. They did have high fevers and lost smell and taste for a couple of weeks.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    i've got three 2's and two 6's (know someone who died from it)
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    THE BOGEYMAN = got my dad yesterday @ 446 = he was 88 - been on his back in the hospital - never intubated  = approx. 3 months ... no one could see him = yesterday they let his wife come up in a hazmat suit and sit with him ... we have been able to talk on phone but so weak = had a great talk with him about a month ago 1st thing he said was what ever i do dont get this covid its tough ... grateful for his care - his generosity and knowledge = funny feeling though = i feel happy for him ... no more suffering.
    its the stupid people who think its a farce or conspiracy ... wont mask up or keep their distance ... wanna travel and no self quarantine !
                    but its ok tell me about the flu and suicides and car wrecks
    everyone hava great 4th = be safe = drink cheer = party = love the one your with = o baby that has the sound of a great song 
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    The haphazard ‘rules’ at businesses are certainly an issue. The company I work for is global and taken the ‘employees’ first plan.  Hard rules about visiting our manufacturing facilities, our corporate office has been empty since April. Global travel ban, even by car, in place too until just recently...car travel ok
    in USA and Europe, no air travel. Basically seeing customers on-demand only.  Going to be a mess far longer than most peole expected.  S America is a total hot mess now. 

Stay safe. Be smart. 😊
    Much the same here. No plans to reopen for at least 45 days. I am the site leader for my location and just sent another “you need my approval to visit “ email that came from above. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @trip_n sorry for your loss I will have 1 cheer for him. I will always love the ones I'm with thank you for reminding me.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    So sorry @trip_n for your loss. I think of my dad back in Oz who has medical issues including non-COVID respiratory and I worry for him, glad I zipped back there in August. The RBOC guys have you all in their thought. 
    Post edited by Ian on

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Sorry to hear @trip_n. Sure brings home the point. Some heartless fools would say, oh well he was old anyway, but he was a Father that was loved by a family and should have had more time. Wish you all the best in this trying time.
  • Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    Heart breaking @trip_n.  Sorry for your loss. 
  • Options
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    @trip_n very sorry to hear of your loss.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Yes tripin..los8 my dad two years ago, yes he was old and tired but you never stop missing people you have loved and lost - but that's ok and you never want to stop missing them....

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear  about your dad @trip_n
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Sorry for your loss @trip_n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com