Picklerick

shawnmjrshawnmjr Detroit MIMember Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭✭
What happened to @PickleRick? I don’t feel like I’ve seen any comments from him lately. Wonder how his build is going

Comments

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Lower Columbia River, WashingtonMember Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭✭
    He was active Jan 1.
    2007 280 EC Volvo 8.1 Gi-H
  • shawnmjrshawnmjr Detroit MIMember Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    He was active Jan 1.
    I guess he has just been quiet. 
  • aero3113aero3113 Long Island, NYMember Posts: 7,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, I sent him a PM a couple weeks ago. Haven’t heard from him 🤷🏻‍♂️.
    2008 330EC
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He went to the keys for vacation .. 
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭✭

Been busy with the build!
    I am in a location with palm trees.. just not in the keys 
  • shawnmjrshawnmjr Detroit MIMember Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭✭
    That’s more snow than we got in Michigan lol
    edited January 16
    You guys can keep this stuff up north.   We were in the 70s over Christmas break.  

The snow/sleet started last night around 12am. It's supposed to continue until tonight along with 30 to 50 mph winds.  We are already at 6 to 8 inches here and a foot plus up towards the mountains. 

I'm not getting anything done to the 4runner today. I'm close to a test run before I move to body work. 

The engine and gauge cluster wiring took forever.  

I picked up a 1991 mercrdes 300d 2.5 turbo diesel for the little ladies discovery.   I felt like I didn't have enough vehicles in the yard and I got it at a price I couldn't turn down.

Headgasket on the disco began puking coolant the day before Christmas eve so on Christmas eve I was stuck installing new head gaskets and arp head studs on her v8. 

With all machine shops closed and it being an emergency repair I trued the aluminum heads on a concrete block .   Not my idea of fun.  I bought us another  60 to 80000 miles to finish the 4 runner before a rover diesel conversion starts. I love completing repairs like a 1920s rural farmer.