help me find the material or new cushion for my 2007 please!

vquadvquad Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭

I have been to 2 boat upholstery shops...then to my rinker dealer...then directly to rinker.

the "L" shaped cushion in my 2007 270 is coming apart at a seam.

apparently the material is no longer made so I have no way of matching it and where its coming apart is right at the piping.

its a white/off white color with a pattern in it that rinker used in 2006/07.

I cant imagine how expensive it would be to redo my entire cockpit over 1 cushion...

has anybody else had this issue?and how did you resolve it?

im a very "visual" person and its gonna kill me to not have matching material in my boat....arrrgggghhhh!

2007 rinker 270

"Julie Ann"

Comments

• mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    edited September 2013

Had the issue with an '05.  Rinker carries skins in stock.  Simply contact Rinker and give then your hull ID number and a photo of the cushion in question.

Mark

Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• hanzelvhhanzelvh Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    we had same issue within one year after buying the boat, replaced under warrenty.
    previous 280EC with VP D4-260, now Bavaria 33HT with twin VP 4,3
  • vquadvquad Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    My problem is that The fabric is no longer in production. Rinker can't help me Mvn,my cushion looks just like your picture...and it's the only spot on the boat where I'm having this issue

2007 rinker 270

"Julie Ann"

• SerenitySerenity Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    I used crazy glue when I saw it separating. It has held together for 2 seasons now and is the seat opposite the helm on the port side on my 320-always being used.
  • frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    There is some poeples that would do a almost a perfect repair on vinyl . Do research on the Internet or phone book for a leather,vinyl or plastic or dash repair. This the type of work that I do but I am located in Canada. Paul

my wife wanted to try the "crazy glue" trick last week.

she researched it and that's how she found out about it...I nixed the idea at the time but im gonna let her try it this weekend.

if it doesn't work I can blame her

:D

2007 rinker 270

"Julie Ann"

• frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Be carefull crazy glue will make your vinyl very brittle,specialy where the problem is has per your picture.and if you used the thin version of the crazy glue it will run on you,you already mention that you are quite visual so you won't like it try to find somebody who would do professional repair job as I suggested before Paul Québec
  • TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    I'd strip that cover off of the seat foam & backing and ship it to Frenchship in Quebec.....Sounds like once you go with the Crazy glue it'll be a point of no return for discontinued material.

Or, just find another boat just like yours and lift the seat when they aren't looking.....wait a minute. That might be me. Nevermind that plan.  :-t

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
    Hey tiki...when you least expect it Hahahaha :D

2007 rinker 270

"Julie Ann"

• Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    the seam can be repaired very easily. my seat had the same issue. took it to an upholster shop and the took the cover off and pull the material into place and re~stitched. kinda a like a face lift... the material stretches enough to gain a new stitch line.

hope that helps.

LG
  • andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    My vinyl is holding up fine. The stitching is the problem, it rots over time. I have a 2" seam separation on my rear lounge that I temporarily held together with Tear Aid (type B.) It's a clear sticky patch that holds very well. That was a month ago and it is still holding. Not a permanent repair, but a good way to stop the separation growing until you can get a pro to restitch the seam.

http://www.tear-aid.com/

Andy
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    Exactly what LG said!!!  I had the same thing and did the same.  Any canvas place will fix it.  I had mine done for $60!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

ok guys.

im on it.

2007 rinker 270

"Julie Ann"