Water connection?

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Rinker fiesta vee 265 1994.

Can anybody tell me what the connection located at port side close to the engine is used for original? In my boat there is connected a hose from this connector to the bottom of the engine room. Is it some kind of water drainage? Please see pictures.

Thanks in advance

Answers

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it threaded for a normal water hose?  Looks like a cockpit washdown fitting.  Maybe there used to be a water pump at the bottom end.  

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin

Looks like a fitting to flush the engine. 

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • jeteaglejeteagle Member Posts: 2

Thanks for the answers.

I don't think it's a connection for cockpit washdown as I have a shower wand located at opposite side of the engine.

raybo3 said:

Looks like a fitting to flush the engine. 

Flushing the engines coolant circuit or saltwater circuit?

• mamasndpapasmamasndpapas Member Posts: 7
    Funny had the same question on a different thread...mine isn't hooked up either & had no idea where it should go.....was told it's a freshwater hookup & somehow goes to the top of the thermostat housing...& will only flush out the manifolds & risers... I'm trying to find out how to run it over to the housing, can't just be a tee in a hose il keep researching & let you know if something specific come up