Water connection?

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Rinker fiesta vee 265 1994.

Can anybody tell me what the connection located at port side close to the engine is used for original? In my boat there is connected a hose from this connector to the bottom of the engine room. Is it some kind of water drainage? Please see pictures.

Thanks in advance


  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,627 mod
    Is it threaded for a normal water hose?  Looks like a cockpit washdown fitting.  Maybe there used to be a water pump at the bottom end.  

  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,469 admin

    Looks like a fitting to flush the engine. 

    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    jeteaglejeteagle Member Posts: 2

    Thanks for the answers.

    I don't think it's a connection for cockpit washdown as I have a shower wand located at opposite side of the engine.

    raybo3 said:

    Looks like a fitting to flush the engine. 

    Flushing the engines coolant circuit or saltwater circuit?

  • Options
    mamasndpapasmamasndpapas Member Posts: 7
    Funny had the same question on a different thread...mine isn't hooked up either & had no idea where it should go.....was told it's a freshwater hookup & somehow goes to the top of the thermostat housing...& will only flush out the manifolds & risers... I'm trying to find out how to run it over to the housing, can't just be a tee in a hose il keep researching & let you know if something specific come up
Sign In or Register to comment.