WTB: Anyone know where I can source a replacement A/C diffuser for the bathroom on a 03' 342?

I need to replace a broken diffuser vent, the little round one behind the toilet.  Do you know where we can locate one?
2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to recall I just bought one from Great Lakes Skipper
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....did the darn toilet seat get it? The toilet seat in my 360 hits that little plastic vent dead center. I'm just waiting for someone to flip that seat up too hard, then I'll be shopping too!
  • WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    I am not sure, we had some guest with kids aboard one day when I realized it was missing.  Upon asking for the flapper and stating it wasn't a big deal just needed the part to fix it they all seemed to have no knowledge of it...  The toilet seat may have hit it and knocked it in.  That makes sense.   

Thanks Handy!  I will check with them!

@Wildboating - does that white cap that is in the gel coat screw-off. IF it does would there be any chance of getting it off and looking in the hose in case the "deflector" piece had been knocked into the hose or is that just asking for trouble?
  • TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    Ok, help me out here.  What is the diffuser in the head?
    where the AC blows out
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Right behind the toilet seat towards the left. Little round "air outlet" 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    Got it.  Thank you.  I am glad I asked before I let my imagination run too far ahead of me!
    I will have to check MichaelT, i don't recall a white cap however the darn thing must come of somehow!

@Wildboating. I'll check through my photo archive for a pic. I can't get to the boat as it's in closed storage.

The vent is perfectly lined-up with the top edge of my toilet seat... LOL - actually it's not really funny at all! Anyway, if the diffusers (vent vanes) are in the open position and someone flips the toilet seat up fast, the movable vent piece usually gets knocked out onto the floor and I can snap it back into place. However, once it got knocked down inside the hose. Luckily, I was able to fish it out with some wire.

While looking at the whole vent - and seeing if I could move the friggin' thing - it looked to me as of the outside ring could be screwed-off to get at the hose. I didn't try because I was afraid that the hose might fall into the wall cavity.

If I decide to move the vent and the surface cap DOES actually screw off I'll find a way to attach a string to the hose so it can't call into the wall cavity.

I HAVE to come up with something, as the vent location is a constant source of aggravation.

edited December 2015

@Wildboating, so I did have a picture of that "/$%?&  A/C/Heating vent. As you can see the adjustable vanes line-up nicely to get wacked by the toilet seat lid which knocks them out of place. The picture doesn't give me the view I wanted of the main plastic ring but I believe it screws or pops off. I'll keep looking for better pictures. My future plan will be to move the vent if I can find a cover that looks o.e.m. or just have the glass guy come in and glass it over. BTW I did think of putting a rubber stop on the wall to stop the lid's travel but it would have to have been too long to miss the vanes, if open, and the toilet seat would barely have stayed up.

Thanks MichealT!  It appears that you are correct, i wonder if mine just got knocked in?

Randy put that vent right where it would blow on Michaels hot A$$
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Really Handy really.......LOL
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    Steve you are, 100% with that and given that friggin' vent's placement you for sure don't want to bend over when the AC is running.  LOL