Options

Closed Topic Vote

BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod

How do you feel about closing the topics as I have done to keep the RBO archives in tact I just didn't want the archives to get spread into a dozen pages or more; I know closed is a bad word but in RBO no one could post in the library that kept it intact. ........Boomer

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
Post edited by Babyboomer on

Comments

• Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    If  the RBO archive area will only be used for technical links and literature,  then closing the thread makes sense to me. 

Mark 
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,469 admin
    edited May 2013
    I liked the set up of the RBO. Library closed but forums open for ever. IMO. However if this is the way it has to be so be it..... I do know its nice to be back involved with the great people of the old RBO. Boomer, Dream, PartsMan, MVN and the rest. With the backing of Rinker at least this will not be shut dowm.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    I liked the set up of the RBO. Library closed but forums open for ever. IMO. However if this is the way it has to be so be it..... I do know its nice to be back involved with the great people of the old RBO. Boomer, Dream, PartsMan, MVN and the rest. With the backing of Rinker at least this will not be shut dowm.
    Words from our newest Moderator

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Submissions to the mods for any worthwhile additions/updates to any "archive/library" items are always the best solution so the issue isn't lost in random posts that may be irrelevant or misguided. Boomer was always good about adding contributions to a closed item in the library that added to the solution or knowledge base.

Forum "topics of discussion" should remain open unless there is some major problem like inappropriate behavior or postings. That wouldn't include a disgruntled owner who remains civil and adds relevant input even if it's painful to the mfg. The host has said they'd avoid any censorship which is why I'm even here. We all gain from listening to both sides of the isle and helping to solve issues.

Glad it's being discussed and it sure sounds like everybody is saying the same thing.

Just sayin'. Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    jmoen438jmoen438 Member Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea. Maybe consolidate all the closed / technical topics in a separate forum? Easier to find

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    If I could just get them in alphabetical order
    8-|