Options

I noticed that.......

l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

I noticed that my profile had changed. My boat model and year was deleted. I re-entered the info so people would know where any info I was giving they would know where it was coming from.

It would be nice if everyone would put in their profile their boat spec's (year, model, and engines). This info is some times omitted from posts which makes it harder to help.

Len

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

Comments

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Great idea and thanks for bringing it up.

The boat info is crucial to anyone answering a question that any poster might have. Otherwise a contributors input could only be some generalized guess that rambles slowly toward relevancy once the details are slowly added.

Seems like common sense to post your basic boat specs in your signature including yr/model/engine/drive, location and typical use so we'd know if it's a runabout on a river getting used once a month up north, a huge express cruiser in an open saltwater environment used as a seasonal home in the Bahamas, rack stored, wet slip, on a lift or a trailered version of something in-between. It'd all be relevant and helpful...... and interesting too. With that I better add trailered to my signature details.....

Personally I want to be the guy living on my 400 in the Bahamas.  ;)

Just sayin'. We'll see if any other people agree, Mike

:-bd :-bd
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options

Tiki......

I have to agree with you.....

Would love to be on a 40 footer in the Bahamas.....

Len

• Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    Only one that could change your profile imfo is the member or a mod and it wasn't me :-) may have been a glitch in the system. Anytime you change something you have to click save

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    @l-skynyrd ...first time I've heard about that happening. You guys let me know if it happens to anyone else.
  • Options

Boomer....

I am sure it was just a result of up-grades to the site....

Len

• Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    edited June 2013

Wasn't me!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, all my stuff is gone too!!?!

Mark

Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Well, there was an upgrade that just went through, so maybe that's it. Also, I switched on a new feature yesterday (auto time out for inactivity), but got frustrated with it and turned it back off!
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    My profile got wiped too but there really isn't much there anyway. I also noticed It was timing me out after only a very short time requiring me to log back in every time I looked for my hourly RBOC fix. 24hrs might be ok but I'm ok with it logged on all the time too.
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options

Glad to know It was not  just me....

Len

• Options
    kneedeepkneedeep Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    Just added boat info to profile, 09 340, merc 350's, B3's, Seacore, DTS, B & S thrusters, kohler gen. Have a dock at my house in mass, do most of my boating to newport, ri