Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What can I say..

rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLPosts: 4,724Member ✭✭✭✭✭
85 here today...

Comments

• reneechris14reneechris14 Pawcatuck river CTPosts: 1,763Member ✭✭✭✭
    Nice 18° now and 4" of snow in the am
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 4,956Member, Moderator mod
    Supposed to get 3-6" of snow this Wednesday.  But, good news is that it looks to be warming up after that.  I'm gonna try to hold off until mid-March, just to keep the boat cleaner cause water doesn't turn on until April at the dock.  But I could be in the water in 2 weeks!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 3,766Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    85 here today...
    But you have a blown impeller, so you are in the same boat as us northern boaters. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Flagstaff, AZ Posts: 297Member ✭✭✭
    18 degrees, with a fresh 14" of snow, here in sunny Arizona currently B)
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • WillhoundWillhound Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 1,566Member ✭✭✭✭
    Currently in Mexico at 78 F. But no launch at home until May 1st.  :(
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • Michael TMichael T Posts: 6,547Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turks and Caicos.....scuba diving.....water temp at -80 feet 79 degrees. Air temp at surface.....85-90 degrees and sunny EVERY day. Been here 6 weeks 3 to go! :-)
  • WillhoundWillhound Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 1,566Member ✭✭✭✭

Yucatan beach gang....
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 4,956Member, Moderator mod
    rasbury said:
    Impeller is fixed...taking off end of week for some well deserved catch up boat time ..

That's what I like to hear!!! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLPosts: 4,724Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang...looks like the weather has turned on me...will only be 84 instrad of 86 tomorrow...to cold to go out...brrrrr yuk yuk....sorry you guys, to be serious I know a lot of you will get hammered...be safe my rinker brothers!
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Posts: 7,188Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go ahead take your ford out lol
  • J3ffJ3ff Posts: 1,742Member ✭✭✭✭
    Glad you're out enjoying the boat :) moving to the keys in July, wondering if the 270 would be a good keys boat... have a lead on a dock that would work... might be a lot of upkeep having an I/O year round in salt... no lift like HM. 
    I would think a great keys boat...I'd put it on a trailer if I could...
    What are you going to do in thet keys?
    J3ff said:
    Glad you're out enjoying the boat :) moving to the keys in July, wondering if the 270 would be a good keys boat... have a lead on a dock that would work... might be a lot of upkeep having an I/O year round in salt... no lift like HM. 
    No no no. Get a CC with a cuddly and twin OBs
    Guess it really depends on what you want to do with it. I can see Handy's point but surprised he didn't tell you to RV the keys!
    RV to keys and rent a boat
    That would make sense on a vacation....
    edited February 22
    J3ff said:
    No no no. Get a CC with a cuddly and twin OBs
    Really don't like those boats... I need lots of shade, cushions and a big downstairs with AC. I have this problem called being Irish and loving boating at the same time. Plus my new boss has a few boats I can use if it's just a short trip out.
  • randy56randy56 Newburgh INPosts: 2,427Member ✭✭✭✭
    Where do we sign up for such gig? Agree with the shade is your friend. 
    Boat Name : Knot My Prolem

2003 - 270
    So what is the gig?
    Tech work/Property Management... throw in some captain'ing on the weekends and maybe underwater photography of groups. That's the plan. Hopefully 2 out of 4 work out. 
    Well, sounds like your "plan" has gotten you this far....good luck!
    thank you :) have been through Sanford on the autotrain more than a few times.... maybe one of the times in the future you could show me what a FL lake is! 
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Flagstaff, AZ Posts: 297Member ✭✭✭
    We got 40 inches of snow last weekend in Arizona. More coming this weekend, all the lakes should be loving it. I'm ready for spring fishing! B)
    2000 Captiva 232 
    Be happy to @J3ff....if I get my boat floating...and it's not the lake but the river...about 200 miles!
    River? in FL? that sounds fun!!
    Look at the St John's river...runs from Melbourne to Jacksonville out to the Atlantic....lake Monroe is the big lake in sanford...it's a nice boating area..
    Wow pretty sweet, seems to go pretty far south too!!! Wonder how much of it is boatable.. 
    Well, define boatable. As far as I'm concerned, where I live is Sanford so as far as a 270 or bigger, this is about it for south. Bass boats/ poontoon can go much further south and then you get down to airboats.